Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
The Brand Director is responsible for building the Cerebral brand identity, public relations and communications strategy collaboratively and in partnership with the executive, growth, and product teams. This person is responsible for ensuring that our brand is appropriately reflected across all channels such as branding, content, public relations/media relations, sales, marketing, and overseeing creative execution of the brand across the company. The Brand Director will be a team player and leader who works collaboratively across functions to ensure organizational and operational alignment to deliver consistent, authentic brand experiences for our consumers in our fast-paced and growing organization. This role can be Remote, or can work from our offices in San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
- Leverages market research and analysis on brand awareness, recognition, audience insights and physician engagement to inform strategy and execution.
- Establishes key metrics to demonstrate growth and expansion of overall brand presence.
- Creates and manages budgets, deadlines, objectives related to brand initiatives, public relations and communications.
- Build and oversee the development and execution of the brand strategies to ensure continued leadership within the health tech industry.
- Manage external agencies when appropriate
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators that ensure brand health and growth targets are achieved effectively and efficiently.
- 7+ years of experience in strategic communications, public relations and brand marketing required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field equivalent is required.
- Ability to identify and apply critical consumer insights to new product development, with experience applying varying research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) to the process.
- Experience directing and collaborating with internal and external partners (e.g., brand strategy, package design, research and promotion agencies) for brand development and execution.
- Experience in developing and managing creative and communications teams required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior level executives and various stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions within and outside of marketing, building relationships to drive results.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with multiple varying projects at a given time.
- Ability to build, motivate and inspire diverse and highly productive, collaborative teams.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Ability to influence others to action through creating a shared vision and sense of ownership and personal accountability.
- Experience working cross-functionally to translate brand strategies into company behaviors and company communications.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values