*This role can be remote, with preference in San Francisco or Dallas*
Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is seeking an experienced, strategic, and solutions-driven General Counsel to serve in the executive leadership team as a key legal advisor for all divisions including Clinical Operations, Product and Engineering, Marketing, HR, and more. You will work closely with the CEO and the Chief Compliance Officer to oversee strategic direction and provide guidance on all legal and compliance initiatives. The most successful candidates will have an understanding of the complexities and nuances of a high-growth environment. This role can be Remote, or can work from our offices in San Francisco, CA or Dallas, TX.
- Provide counsel to executive team and all divisions of the company.
- Manage and advise on corporate governance, license agreements, business development transaction, securities, financing activities, law compliance, general transaction support, employment law, regulatory matters, risk management, general contract management, and industry-specific issues.
- Implement and oversee legal operations to effectively serve contract needs, prioritize tasks, and integrate with other divisions of the company.
- Provide counsel and advise on legal liabilities associated with many areas of the business (employment law, healthcare compliance, company policies, corporate finance, partnerships, etc.).
- Assess risks impacting business decisions and anticipate unique legal issues that could affect the company.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (i.e. regulators, external counsel, vendors, etc.).
- Ensure continued compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure ethics and compliance. Oversee the implementation of programs to prevent and detect violations of laws, company policies and other misconduct, promote ethical practices and ensure the development of the compliance program throughout the organization.
- Prepare materials for board and committee meetings, press releases, and investor presentations, and attend as needed.
- JD from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in California.
- 10+ years of post-JD experience both law firm and in-house with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with in-house.
- Start-up experience is preferred.
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Broad legal experience covering multiple aspects of corporate law including business development, corporate contracting, and employment law.
- Experience with healthcare regulations and compliance.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and strong ability to manage multiple projects in a high-growth environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and medical communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs in real time and pivot when needed.
- Strong believer in Cerebral’s brand vision and values