*This role can be remote, or based out of our offices in Dallas and San Francisco*
Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
The Director of Finance & Business Operations will report to the COO and run finance, legal, and people operations.
Day to Day Finance
- Be responsible for all aspects of FP&A, including AR/AP/Payroll - both hands-on and in collaboration with consultants and vendors
- Lead the planning and forecasting processes in partnership with our Leadership team, and own all related board communications
- Partner with our senior leadership team to develop the long-term operating model and drive the strategic steps to get there
- Manage equity awards and Carta account
- Manage cash, debt, and the associated bank accounts, etc.
- Own revenue operations (evaluating payment processing vendors, collections strategy, etc.)
- Start hands-on for strategy and execution, then grow a team when the time is right
- Manage taxes, state registrations, etc.
- Own HRIS system
- Run payroll and contractor payments
- Oversee people/recruiting team (for now)
- Ensure onboarding is seamless and templated for all roles
- Ensure we use best remote work processes to build culture and morale
- Work with counsel to ensure corporate compliance across the business
Board Decks/ Fundraising Assist
- Assist Leadership with materials for board meetings and fundraising
- Insurance contracting and revenue operations
- Work across departments to provide data analysis and modeling support
- 3+ years of FP&A management experience
- Background in consulting, corporate development, investing / M&A, preferred
- Ability and desire to be hands-on until we need to grow the team
- A data-driven approach to decision making, with advanced analytic, modeling, and forecasting skills
- Start-up readiness - you are scrappy and ready to wear a lot of hats, even those not listed above
- Bonus points: CPA