CENTRL seeks language experts to support a project to develop foreign language proficiency test items.
Content Selectors will
- Find authentic text and audio passages in the language.
- Create a fully annotated English language rendering of the passage.
- Transcribe the passage (audio passages only).
- Complete a web form describing certain features of the passage.
Content Reviewers will
- Verify the accuracy and authenticity of passages submitted by other content selectors.
- Verify the accuracy of each passage rendering and transcription making corrections as needed.
- Verify the accuracy and appropriateness of test questions developed for each passage, making suggestions as needed.
Must be able to demonstrate language fluency experience through one of the following:
- diploma or degree earned from educational institution in a country where the language is spoken, or
- professional experience in a country where the language is spoken.
Must be able to demonstrate English Language professional level fluency through one of the following:
- diploma or degree earned from educational institution in English speaking country,
- professional experience in English speaking country, or
- proficiency test scores demonstrating proficiency.
- Target Language Experts will work as independent contractor (not an employee per se), meaning you can/will perform all tasks on your computer, at your preferred location and on your own timeline, provided you meet our project deadlines.
- US citizenship or residency is NOT required for this assignment. However, we are not able to consider individuals residing in the US on employment restricted visas (i.e. international students, H1-B visa holders).
- Anyone currently working for the Defense Language Institute or another organization (government or private) that is engaged in preparing US military members/government personnel for the DLPT is not eligible to work on this project.