The Senior Manager position has primary responsibility of oversight over the Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting engagement work plans. As a leader of the firm, the Financial Reporting Senior Manager will demonstrate excellent project management skills, client service, and positive coaching to the team members in developing technical and professional competency.
- Delegate the preparation of the financial statements and technical accounting position papers to the engagement team members for both public and private companies, as well as other required support materials.
- Independently research and oversee the research by team members of complex accounting topics, to evaluate potential solutions and provide guidance to the team on next steps.
- Review accounting memos, financial statements, and other client deliverables prepared by engagement team members, ensuring general accounting standards are applied appropriately. Provide detailed review comments to preparer(s).
- Independently provide conclusions and recommendations on application of complex accounting guidance to clients and external parties, as requested by the client.
- Independently facilitate calls with the SEC, client auditors, client legal counsel, etc. as deemed necessary to accomplish project goals.
- In depth understanding of engagement requirements and client’s business. Responsible for knowledge sharing of client’s business to engagement team.
- Assist directors and/or engagement partners in developing budget plans, communicate those budgets to the engagement team and monitor team progress.
- Take ownership of the engagement while managing upward and downward expectations to ensure deadlines are met and project stays on budget.
- Lead multiple engagement teams simultaneously to further the Firm’s goals and objectives.
- Timely completion of project schedules ensuring the appropriate amount of resources are dedicated to individual projects. Continuous monitor of resource allocation to avoid over-scheduling individual team members.
- Ensure timely completion of periodic invoices of projects. Manage engagement profit margin through client invoice process ensuring expectations are aligned between client and internal team.
- Accepts responsibility for billable hours and remains productive in times of reduced client workload. Acts as a business owner to maximize productivity, while being critical of hours charged.
- Manage client expectations of deadlines including being proactive and responsive to their needs in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- Active CPA
- 10+ years of relative accounting experience; at least 3 in public accounting or professional services highly preferred.
- Thrives in an environment of changing priorities.
- Ability to work towards enhancing technical and project management skills through on the job feedback and performance evaluations.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in a team environment and foster client relationships.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a thought leader in the organization by presenting on complex accounting topics during internal trainings.
- Outward face of the Firm by presenting on external panels.
- Have an understanding of the services offered by the Firm, look for opportunities to represent the Firm, grow the client base and increase brand recognition.
- Recognizes opportunities for learning by pursuing challenging assignments and a hunger to become and expert.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on MS Excel skills.
This position is an exempt position as it relates to the fair labor standards Act. Centri provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.