The Valuation Manager has primary responsibility for overseeing the engagement team on valuation projects. Serving as a current and future leader of the firm, the Valuation Manager demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency.
- Prepare and review valuations of business entities and intangible assets, and complex financial securities.
- Prepare and review an analysis for competitive industry dynamics and financial conditions of peer companies, evaluate business plans, make valuation adjustments to financial statements, and build valuation models.
- Lead due diligence activities for purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment measurement, business enterprise valuations, and valuations of complex securities.
- Research intermediate/complex valuation and accounting topics.
- Review potential solutions as the Engagement Manager and review draft package of valuation analyses and report, and other client deliverables, ensuring valuation standards are applied appropriately.
- Responsible for providing detailed review comments to the Engagement staff.
- Lead client meetings and/or calls independently in accordance with the project plan.
- In-Depth understanding of engagement requirements and client’s business. Responsible for knowledge sharing of client’s business to the engagement team.
- Understand the engagement economics to ensure the allotted amount of time it takes to complete tasks is appropriate and communicated to the team.
- Manage upward and downward expectations of project status to ensure deadlines are met.
- Accepts responsibility for billable hours and remains productive in times of reduced client workload. Acts as a business owner to maximize productivity, while being critical of hours charged.
- Lead team members on various client engagements to further the Firm’s goals and objectives in accordance with the project plan.
- Support in Firm initiatives and development opportunities, including team development.
- Ensure timely completion of periodic invoices of projects. Manage engagement profit margin through client invoice process ensuring expectations are aligned between client and internal team.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships
- Assist in other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Business-Related Field) required.
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Finance, MBA) preferred
- 4+ years relevant business valuation experience (e.g. financial modeling and financial instrument valuation) required
- ASA, CVA, CFA, or ABV designation required (or in the process)
- Previous experience performing business combinations valuations for financial reporting, or complex securities using option-pricing models, Monte Carlo simulations, binomial lattice models, etc. strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel skills.
This position is an exempt position as it relates to the fair labor standards Act. Centri provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.