About Centria Healthcare:
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, Centria Healthcare is a leading provider of home-based catastrophic injury and rehabilitation care, private duty nursing, and supportive living services. Centria Healthcare Autism Services is the largest provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) across the state of Michigan, with services in other states.
Position Description: Java Developer manages application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Analyze and evaluate Centria's computer systems capabilities to understand strengths and weaknesses for the identification of opportunities for system improvement.
- Identify and communicate business needs and translate business requirements into technical system and functional specifications. Participate in the estimation of costs for the planning of new systems/enhancements for assigned systems.
- Identify, investigate, resolve and escalate problems as needed. Gather data to support recommendations to address problems. Procure technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Research and analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals, and recommend technologies to improve system performance.
- Analyze, design, and coordinate implementation and deployment of simple to moderate complex systems and environments.
- Integrate, design, and coordinate platforms for projects.
- Install software and configure system environments for DEV, QA, Staging and Production.
- Provide data input and perform system load and performance testing, analyze data flow to find system bottleneck and suggest improvement of system’s performance and efficiency.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Integrate and maintain Release Management Tool and Build Management Tool for CI/CD, Create and manage application release schedules.
- Write documents and instruction manuals for applications and provide training for end users.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience in a Java development environment
- Strong background in Java.
- Strong background with SQL Server and experienced in database design and writing complex queries.
- Experienced in writing Webservices using standard Java frameworks.
- Experienced in user interface development including HTML, CSS, JSON
- Experienced in Asynchronous programming.
- Experienced in writing unit test cases for both client and server using Junit and/or Selenium.
- Experienced in any of the Git code repository GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket.
- Experienced in Maven/Gradle build management tools and writing automated build scripts.
- Experienced in Jenkins Release Management tool and write scripts that can integrate with Git Repository, build management tools and servers.
- Knowledge on SDLC process.
- Knowledge on any Cloud Infrastructure as a service platform.
- Knowledge on Security scanning.
- Knowledge on Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment process.
- Knowledge on JIRA for task execution.
- Solid understanding of Object oriented design concepts.
Centria’s office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am-6:00pm. Additional time may be required to complete above work or meet company objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, physical requirements such as bending, reaching and lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required. This role will require sitting a majority of the day as well as walking as standing when needed. This role will require close visual activity on multiple computer screens or monitors and the ability to analyze data and figures on a screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position. Centria reserves the right to amend this job description at any time, with or without written notice.