Start your rewarding career helping children with autism acquire the skills to reach their full potential. This can be either part or full-time work, and we provide the training to be successful. We provide a strong compensation package with a well-defined path for performance and tenure-based pay raises and career advancement opportunities. If you are passionate about helping children and want to work for a purpose-driven company to help make a difference, we would like to chat with you.
Our mission is to help every child living with autism to develop, pursue and achieve their own goals and dreams through high quality ABA therapy and support. You will be on the front line of this mission helping individuals with Autism to live their best lives possible
LinkedIn recently published their top-10 list of the fastest growing careers, and Behavior Technician was the only healthcare role and came in it - at #9!
What does a Behavior Technician (BT) Do?:
This role is a science-based practice that requires proper protocols to be implemented by creating and repeating many learning opportunities, called trials, and documenting the child’s progress and responses. Under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst or Behavior Consultant (BCBA/BC), prompting and positive reinforcement is used to help the individuals we work with to develop and build upon skills that will help them to be as independent as possible doing things throughout their lives.
Depending on the client’s location, therapy will either be conducted in the child’s home or at a Centria center.
Behavior Technician job responsibilities include:
Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols as outlined in client’s individualized treatment plan built by BCBA/BC.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with the client’s individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols.
- Ensure documentation is completed on time and following established Centria procedures.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by BCBA/BC.
- Utilize safe and appropriate procedures when working with clients and appropriately report all critical incidents and safety concerns.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Assist BCBA/BC in preparation of client materials, behavior reduction assessments, and skills acquisition.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- If extended an offer, must be willing to participate in the company’s background check process.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma of GED is required.
- Must have reliable transportation and in some cases, proof of driver’s license and valid car insurance.
- Need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certification along with a TB test if you had not had one in the past year.
- Must be able to physically perform this job, including getting down on the floor and standing up many times, lifting up to 50lbs and the ability to run/move quickly if required to do so for the interaction with and safety and protection of the children with whom you work.
- Need to be very reliable and able to show up for each scheduled therapy appointment.
- Must always be professional in terms of both presentation and conduct.
- Need to have patience to help keep our clients on task.
- Able to maintain emotional control even if client acting out physically or verbally.
- A positive attitude and drive to help a child acquire new skills is a must.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to do repetitive things in a precise manner.
- Ability to follow and carry out detailed instructions.
- Strong understanding of technology to be able to record data on a mobile device and navigate digital applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong cultural competency with ability to remain flexible and open minded.
Additional qualifications (not required):
- Experience working as a: Behavioral Technician, Working in some capacity with children with autism or other learning disabilities, Teacher’s Aid, Tutor, CNA, Caregiver or Home Health Aide
The work location for our Behavior Technicians will vary by client case and could include home, community, or center. Additional time or flex schedules may be required to complete the above work or meet company objectives
If you are interested in this role, then please click APPLY NOW. If you have questions about the position, please refer to our company Website.
About Centria Healthcare:
Centria Autism is a division of Centria Healthcare, which was founded in 2009 and headquartered in Farmington, Michigan. Centria's flagship service is Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy (ABA), which assists children and young adults on the autism spectrum. Since 2014 Centria has grown this service division into a leading provider in the country, with services stretching across 11 states and growing. This life-changing program is helping children reach their goals and dreams through positive reinforcement and continual support.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position. Centria reserves the right to amend this job description at any time, with or without written notice.