Outreach Specialist - San Jose, CA
CEO is looking to hire an Outreach Specialist in our San Jose office who will serve as the face of the organization within local parole, probation offices and community based organizations, developing and deepening relationships with parole officers, providing them with information about our work, and building their commitment to referring a strong pipeline of participants for our programs. In the day-to-day, the Outreach Specialist manages the recruitment strategies including meeting in person with parole officers, recruiting program participants, and leading presentations about our program and offerings.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually
What You’ll Bring:
- Demonstrated commitment to CEO’s mission and interest in working in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment
- Deep interest in re-entry or criminal justice reform preferred
- Growth mindset;Servant Leadership
- Must be able to travel throughout the Bay area
- Comfortable conducting outreach and skilled in relationship building; ability to ascertain the priorities of a particular individual or group and craft persuasive written or verbal communication given those priorities
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to take into account and analyze various points of view and data to form a perspective appropriate to a particular context
- Bilingual in Spanish/Vietnamese and English preferred
The Nitty Gritty
Job responsibilities of the Outreach Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Manage and implement recruitment strategies
- Track and Report on recruitment and enrollment outcomes
- Develop and deepen relationships with probation officers and community based organizations, providing them with information about our work and building their commitment to referring a strong pipeline of participants for our programs
- Meet with probation officers, facilitating program referrals for prospective clients, leading presentations about our service offerings, and sharing feedback with about client progress at CEO
- Detail reports of daily activity interactions with POs and participants, maintaining accurate and up-to-date contact information, and completion of participant profiles in Salesforce
- Make referrals for participants to community based organizations when needed
- Work off-site at the probation/parole office throughout the week (not during the pandemic)
- Attend and present at Bay Area PACT meetings (not during the pandemic)
- Provide in person or virtual presentations throughout the community regarding CEO services and programming
Perks and Benefits
The compensation for this position is $45,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.