Temporary Payroll Coordinator
This is a temporary position that is expected to last through November 2021
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will process and verify payroll information on a timely basis while maintaining payroll records and ensuring that employee time is reported and processed accurately in the preparation of payroll pay cards and direct deposit vouchers.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities. What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in processing payroll (preferred)
- You have strong computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite and you have used systems to collect and report out on data.
- You are self-motivated, results driven and prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a willingness to meet tight deadlines while working independently
- You are an outstanding communicator and can build multi-level relationships, you are able to communicate clearly and concisely (verbally and in writing) and are able to tailor your communication style to various stakeholders
- You exhibit a sense of urgency concerning client servicing and are flexible to shift priorities as needed
- You have strong analytical as well as problem solving skills and are very detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- You are a self-starter who enjoys brainstorming and testing new ideas, sharing your ideas with others for feedback, and implementing and refining as you go.
- You enjoy setting ambitious goals and demonstrate eagerness, discipline, and resilience in achieving goals individually and collectively, no matter the complexities that arise.
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and exercise good judgment to maintain the confidentiality of critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- You are commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, practices, and financial arrangement
- You have the ability to break payroll and learn advanced concepts when ready
Responsibilities of the Payroll Coordinator will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently, accurately process “daily” payroll for 600+ employees on schedule for multiple entities across different states
- Review, audit and export employee scheduled hours, new hire, and changes data from Salesforce system and import into the ADP Workforce Now payroll system
- Process and pay daily Rapid Rewards, Stipends and Incentives payments to employees
- Process pay card/direct deposit payments as well as employment verifications
- Process and update tax exempt W4 submitted by employees in ADP Workforce Now payroll system
- Process daily Netspend (Skylight) pay card enrollments. Update Netspend (Skylight) pay card Wage Statement Portal daily, to ensure employee pay statements are available when needed
- Resolve pay card enrollment errors such as incorrect date of birth, address, social security numbers, incorrect account numbers provided, and employee’s name
- Work with our Participant Scheduling Department to resolve pay discrepancies
- Researches and resolves questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information including sick pay, banking, garnishments, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, and other changes submitted via Cases in Salesforce system
- Assist out Finance department to prepare and record monthly payroll general entries
- Review and ensure accuracy of all year-end statements including W2 statement
- Preparing financial accounting reports and periodic payroll reports for management reviews and auditing purposes
- Participate as project manager or team member on various projects as needed
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.