Work Crew Site Supervisor
CEO is hiring a Work Crew Site Supervisor who will be responsible for training, coaching, and supervising a team of 4-6 program participants on a transitional work crew. In addition, Site Supervisors are responsible for creating environments that promote safe working conditions, enable the development of participants, and foster high morale across the team.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable traveling throughout the Monroe County area, be experienced in a warehouse and/or manufacturing, and have a proven track record of leading teams to success.
Site Supervisor work hours are typically 6:15AM-3:30PM on every weekday (M-F) or 8:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Thursday. There are approximately 250 work days per year.
CEO's Staff Vaccination Policy
CEO has implemented an org-wide vaccination requirement that requires all new staff to be fully vaccinated or to have received one dose of the Pfizier or Moderna shot before their first day of work. We have made this decision for the safety of our participants and employees and to enhance our ability to continue to provide the vital services we offer to our participants. As part of the onboarding process, new hires will be asked to submit proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Note that this policy may be adjusted as necessary to comply with applicable law.
- 2-4 years of experience in general labor, warehouse, construction, manufacturing,, building maintenance, or other skilled trades; experience operating site equipment
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience of similar work
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Geographic knowledge of Monroe County
- You’re able to consistently lift and move objects up to 75 pounds; stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects; work outdoors; walk or stand for long periods of time; drive a 12 passenger van with an attached trailer; operate a smartphone
This is a perfect role for:
- Someone who is excited to supervise and mentor the work of returning citizens who are taking their first steps to employment following incarceration
- Someone who is interested in giving back to the Monroe County community
- Someone who enjoys being on their feet in a warehouse/manufacturing cold environment
- Someone who can lead and inspire a team while balancing both compassion and a straightforward approach; an effective communicator who can resolve conflicts effectively
- An organized individual who can manage against project deadlines
- Someone with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and has the ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Establishing and maintaining positive staff morale through the modeling of sound leadership and teamwork
- Assigning job duties to crew members and setting reasonable goals for completion
- Monitoring crew members on job performance and productivity, providing appropriate daily feedback and/or additional training
- Support the management of the scheduling process and attendance of participants
- Mentoring crew members on appropriate employment etiquette
- Ensuring customers’ work orders are completed to a high standard on a daily basis
- Maintaining line of sight of all participants
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Monitoring working conditions for potential hazards, reporting any matters that threaten the smooth operation of the training crew to your supervisor
- Completing any necessary daily reporting tasks
- Actively consider participants’ viewpoints by eliciting, documenting, and sharing feedback with appropriate team members
- Consider improvements and development based on participant feedback
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is $20.54/hour with possibility of accumulating over time occasionally . We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continuous learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.