Accounts Receivable and Treasury Coordinator
New York City
The Accounts Payable and Treasury Coordinator will be responsible for carrying out the daily collection of Electronic and (cash) application of receivables which include maintaining the account receivables and cash receipts records of the organization and treasury activities. This includes cash management, funding, and the overall treasury operations. This person will also manage, fund disbursement and reporting and will assist with a range of tasks and projects while providing the highest level of customer service.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the GreenLight Fund, the Pew Charitable Trust, and the Nonprofit Finance Fund. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You have Superior technical skills with a proficiency with accounting softwares, Excel and PC knowledge.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with fiscal and program staff, vendors and clients.
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- You can work independently and with a team in both in-person and remote settings; in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- You can perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- You Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and coordinate many projects with minimum supervision.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Receivable and Treasury Coordinator include but are not limited to:
Accounts Receivable/Cash Receipts
- Manage the customer receipts process, this includes gathering supporting documentation, meeting weekly or as needed with the controller and Director of Grants & Contracts for revenue recognition and/or cash application and apply payments to customers’ account balances
- Manage the non-customer receipts process by gathering supporting documentation and meeting with the Controller to ensure adequate processing
- Assist with monitoring the accounts receivable and collections processes as well as flag and report discrepancies to the Assistant Controller
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash flow reports with notes about risks and dependencies to report out any findings and areas of concern to the Finance management team; this also includes monthly presentations to various stakeholders inclusive but not limited to our CFO and CEO
- Coordinate with FP&A team to identify timing of receivables and indicate variances
- Monitor the delays of executing contracts and report separately
- Utilize bank portals for multiple daily functions; this includes downloading bank balances and reports to review unusual activities, and initiate payments via ACH & Wire transfers.
- Utilize accounting systems for daily functions; this includes completing daily posting of banking activities and ensuring all cash management transactions are are being correctly recorded by bank account and preparing daily cash position reports for the organization
- Maintain and manage the accounts payable vendors data within the accounting system, including processing new vendor request and changes to existing vendors and coordinating vendor communication by processing payments and proving vendors with confirmation
- Coordinate daily bank deposits and internal wire transfers as well as
- Maintain the credit card program and corresponding system/portal; this includes downloading all monthly bank/credit card statements, processing employee credit card requests and inquiries as well as making timely adequate credit card payments
- Maintain effective controls to ensure compliance with CEO related policy and procedures
- Assist with requests and inquiries from the external auditor for Org-wide, multiple types of audits
- Develop knowledge of appropriate CEO Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and guidelines
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $48,000/annually CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors including experience, internal equity, and the labor market associated with the city in which the position is located. This position can be located in any of the cities in which CEO operates. The labor markets associated with the cities in which CEO is based are variable, and the salary range included here reflects this. Our salary offer will fall within this range and will be reflective of the labor market of the city in which the position is based, as well the other factors named above.
We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We are a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.