Any CEO Location
CEO’s Program Training Team leads training for all program staff and participants, supporting effective delivery of the vocational and transitional jobs programs. This team supports sites across CEO’s program, including new training development and delivery, new hire onboarding and role-specific training, and participant training.
The Training Associate is responsible for the coordination, operations, development, and delivery of all training for program staff and participants. This includes working closely with Program Delivery and Program Support teams to identify training needs and facilitate the delivery of effective training programs to address program staff knowledge gaps and ongoing development. They also play a critical role in the assessment of staff needs and in developing appropriate solutions.
As part of our mission, we strongly encourage individuals who have lived experience of incarceration or involvement in the justice system to apply for this role.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You are committed to CEO’s mission and are interested in working in a fast paced, growing, results-oriented nonprofit environment
- You have a deep dedication to social justice, criminal and/or economic justice
- You have a strong attention to detail and strong project management capabilities
- You have the ability to communicate effectively and recognize the value of continuous communication
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to collaborate, liaise, and negotiate with multiple constituencies and departments
- You are comfortable with technologies, including Salesforce and Google Suite
- You have a high level of personal integrity and commitment to excellence and deep impact
- You have 1-3 years of program implementation experience (program management and training experience preferred) in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment
- You have a working knowledge of the criminal justice and workforce development systems
- You are experienced in meeting performance based goals
What You’ll Be Responsible For
These responsibilities are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the responsibilities of this role:
- Coordinate and provide program support in Training, with a focus on supporting the coordination and delivery of programmatic training for program staff and participants as well as CORE/Salesforce training and expertise
- Assess effectiveness and determine impact of Training team, working in partnership with team to improve processes & activities to best support of CEO’s program
- Communicate improvements for existing training and develop new content for training staff as needs arise
- Collaborate with the rest of the Program Support department, Program Delivery staff, and other CEO departments to help produce best practices in their respective fields
- Gather feedback from participants and staff to inform effective program delivery across CEO’s program sites nationally
- Ensure data is inputted with fidelity, and support reviews & report outs of key data
- Serve as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Program Support team including leading team meetings, lending expertise, and supporting colleague projects.
- Facilitate and lead team meetings as needed in addition to project management of specific training initiatives
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $47,800-$60,000/annually CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors including experience, internal equity, and the labor market associated with the city in which the position is located. This position can be located in any of the cities in which CEO operates. The labor markets associated with the cities in which CEO is based are variable, and the salary range included here reflects this. Our salary offer will fall within this range and will be reflective of the labor market of the city in which the position is based, as well the other factors named above.
We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We are a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice-involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.