Senior Site Supervisor - San Diego, CA
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
CEO is hiring two Senior Site Supervisors for our San Diego office who will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the success of daily operations for 13+ of CEO’s transitional work crews (the centerpiece of CEO’s model).
Each of our participants work as a part of a transitional work crew to gain experience and income while concurrently working with CEO’s vocational staff to identify and secure long-term employment. CEO operates 90+ work crews across our national network that provide valuable labor and maintenance services to our customers which are predominantly public sector agencies.
Reporting to the Social Enterprise Manager, the Senior Site Supervisors will provide performance oversight and support to Site Supervisors in San Diego. They will train and coach Site Supervisors to be effective leaders and mentors, coordinate with Fleet Management to maintain tools and equipment, coordinate with Talent and HR to ensure that all positions are filled with qualified Site Supervisors, oversee all administrative paperwork for crew contracts and invoicing, and assist Site Directors and transitional work crew customers in maintaining quality crews.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Site Supervisors include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and evaluate the job performance of 10+ Site Supervisors while providing individualized instruction, training, coaching and feedback to ensure performance improvement and productivity
- Build a team and environment of collaboration with Site Supervisors, be disciplined in pursuit of team goals and build goodwill by fostering communication, cooperation and celebration.
- Support the oversight and administration of work assignments, ensuring assignments are completed in a timely manner and with quality
- Provide Site Supervisors with appropriate instruction, training and feedback as outlined by the job goals and CEO participant evaluations
- Monitor and evaluate crew members for job performance and productivity, course correcting when needed
- Serve as a liaison between CEO and worksite partners/customers, CEO’s participant scheduling department, vocational staff, and other CEO staff
- Keep an open and constant line of communication with Regional and Site Directors and/or other appropriate team members as it relates to crew operations and success
- Ensure crews are using appropriate methods or materials that keep team members and passersby safe from harm and monitor working conditions for hazards
- Track and monitor supply inventory for work crews, manage crew needs and assess the condition of all equipment for work site readiness
- Partner with the Social Enterprise Manager to implement strategic plans for work crew process improvement and efficiencies
- Run transitional works crews as a substitute Site Supervisor if additional coverage is needed
Who You Are
- You have experience leading and supporting diverse, high-performing teams to effectively serve customers and achieve program outcomes through coaching, training, and development
- You have experience training and developing staff into strong performers who consistently meet expected performance goals
- You are experienced in general labor, construction, landscaping or grounds-keeping, maintenance, or other skilled trades; experience operating site equipment, including 15-passenger vans with trailers attached
- You’re able to adhere to organizational structures and processes to ensure safety and team production of consistently strong work products that meet customer needs
- You’re able to identify, anticipate, and analyze potential problems and solutions, and decide on and implement a course of action
- You’re able to build rapport and collaborate with colleagues and external partners, and maintain a network of resources that support your work
- You work effectively under pressure and at a sustained pace, managing to partner expectations while maintaining focus on objectives despite setbacks or opposition
- You’re a strong communicator; able to adapt and tailor your communication style to meet the needs of and influence varying constituents
- You demonstrate respect, fairness, patience and efficiency to participants, employees and others
- You're comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce, and have the ability to navigate computer programs to schedule and track progress for participants
- You have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle, as well as the ability to work flexible shifts
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,000-53,500 per year, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.