We’re looking for As Needed Site Supervisors to help us live our mission to prepare more than 6,000 people with recent criminal convictions for securing employment each year.
As Needed Site Supervisors step in to support, supervise, and train work crews of 5-7 participants on days in which full-time Site Supervisors are unable to come in due to vacation, illness, or other personal reasons. Site Supervisors, whether full-time or per diem, create uplifting work environments for our participants that ensure their safety, provide on-the-job supervision and coaching, encourage and empower team members to seize each opportunity for building knowledge and skill sets, and foster engagement and accountability across the crew.
Given this position’s as needed nature, it’s a perfect role for retirees hoping to continue to have an impact within their communities, individuals with very flexible schedules, or individuals who are self-employed and are looking for an opportunity here and there to connect with others. It’s anticipated that an As Needed Site Supervisor will participate in one week of paid training and work around 10-20 days per year, with potential for additional days. The As Needed Site Supervisor will support the San Bernardino and Riverside work crew sites.
This role is perfect for you if you enjoy a non-traditional workspace, like being on your feet and moving around, and love being outdoors.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
This role is ideal for an individual whose schedule is flexible enough that s/he can step in at a moment’s notice
- You believe in hard work, efficient and friendly customer service, and teamwork and collaboration to drive results
- You exercise compassion toward the team you’re leading and balance this with a straightforward approach that ensures you meet the needs of your customers
- You’re respectful, fair, and patient
- You pride yourself in your ability to communicate and resolve conflicts effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
- You recognize the value of continuous communication, looping others into project status and any arising challenges
- You have strong organizational skills and can delegate, prioritize, and manage your team’s time effectively to meet project deadlines; you operate under pressure with ease
- You foster strong team spirit and enjoy providing 1:1 support to team members who may need a little extra encouragement
- You enjoy supporting others to solve routine challenges; personally you’re mechanically inclined, able to diagnose issues with equipment and propose solutions to solve/address
- You’re deeply passionate about and committed to social justice
The Nitty Gritty Qualifications
- As mentioned previously, you must be able to work a very flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must be able to: Consistently lift and move objects up to 75 pounds; stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects; work outdoors; walk or stand for long periods of time; drive a 12 passenger van with an attached trailer; operate a smartphone
- Previous safety training preferable, though training will be provided to hired candidate
- High school diploma, along with at least one year of supervisory experience; experience within a vocational trade (construction, landscaping, building maintenance, grounds maintenance, land surveying) preferred but not required
The compensation for this position is $18.68/hour. There is also potential room for growth into a full-time position dependent on your interest, performance, and availability.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.