Censys knows the internet and cloud better than anyone else. Attack Surface Management provides customers with an attacker-centric view of all externally facing internet and cloud to extend visibility, prioritize, and remediate the most critical risk exposures that will actually lead to a breach. Our daily IPv4 scans and the world’s largest SSL/TLS Certificate database enables customers with the most accurate and continuously updated attack surfaces. Enterprise security teams leverage Censys to keep pace with the speed of the business and gain an advantage on the rapidly evolving cyber-attack threats.
We are a rapidly growing cyber security startup based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a 100% fully remote team. Our innovation is fueled by the team’s global perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We welcome healthy debate, constructive conversations, and outside-the-box thinking to ensure we are moving fast, learning things, and iterating quickly.
We’re looking to hire a Senior Account Executive that will be responsible for selling our data and SaaS platform. In addition to helping us surpass our revenue goals, you’ll have the responsibility to help build our sales playbook and build upon our current sales process. The right person for this job enjoys the scrappy nature of a startup with ambiguity and constant change, but also wants to help a sales organization and company scale over time.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced with a proven track record of closing new logos and also expansion revenue. We require our sales team to have a consultative approach and be committed to solving our customers' problems before the monetary gain. This person must demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high performance but team-centered sales culture, specifically managing a pipeline, delivering results against a quota and maintaining productive client relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Manage inbound leads from MQL through sales funnel by leveraging existing tools
- Execute proactive outbound sales campaigns and pipeline development activities to targeted accounts, separate from inbound leads.
- Partner with the Channel Reseller community for channel-sourced opportunities to help qualify, and close new or expansion business.
- Grow sales in the Enterprise and upper Mid-Market with companies 500 employees and above Become a resident expert on the Censys products and sell new / existing customers on our our security data and SaaS platform
- Ability to sell at different levels within an organization ranging from the practitioner all the way to C-level
- Close large, complex deals involving multiple executive level stakeholders
- Exceed activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Develop and maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified opportunities, and consistently maintain an accurate forecast
- Successfully negotiate win-win agreements based on value selling
What you’ll bring:
- University or college degree in Computer Science, Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of software selling experience, preferably in the security industry
- Experience selling at an early stage company where product(s) are in their infancy where you have ownership in building sales enablement
- Consistent track record of success around $1M quota
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles using solution selling techniques. Willingness to travel to customer sites as needed
- Skilled in virtual presentations, online web demos, remote sales processes
- Knowledge and experience working and partnering with channel resellers to assist with closing new and expansion opportunities
- Proficiency using SalesForce.com
- Ability to manage a 60-90 day sales cycle
- Bonus: Understanding of MEDDIC, Force Management or Value Selling
- Multilingual business proficiency across the Romance languages (French, Spanish, Italian) or German is preferred, but not required.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. At Censys we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace - so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be exactly who we need to fill this role or others!
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.