Censys knows the internet and cloud better than anyone else. Attack Surface Management provides customers with an attacker-centric view of all externally facing internet and cloud to extend visibility, prioritize, and remediate the most critical risk exposures that will actually lead to a breach. Our daily IPv4 scans and the world’s largest SSL/TLS Certificate database enables customers with the most accurate and continuously updated attack surfaces. Enterprise security teams leverage Censys to keep pace with the speed of the business and gain an advantage on the rapidly evolving cyber-attack threats.
We are a rapidly growing cyber security startup based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a 100% fully remote team. Our innovation is fueled by the team’s global perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We welcome healthy debate, constructive conversations, and outside-the-box thinking to ensure we are moving fast, learning things, and iterating quickly.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this is an opportunity to lead the design and build-out of the FP&A function, and make a significant impact at a best-in-class SaaS technology company. As Censys’ first Vice President of FP&A, you will provide financial leadership to drive results and ensure operational efficiency across the organization. Working closely with the senior leadership team, you'll partner to enhance and better integrate Finance with other functions in the business. This will include the development, presentation, and maintenance of the company's long-range financial model and financial management reporting. Your team will manage operating budgets, lead the preparation of materials and presentations for various audiences including the Board of Directors and other investors and guide projects from the conceptual stages through the review process and implementation.
- Create and implement an integrated business planning process, including long-term strategic planning, forecasting and annual budgeting
- Create weekly and monthly reporting to clearly identify variances to forecast, budget, and historical expenses, provided in a clear and action-oriented format to drive decisions
- Partner with business teams to create dashboards, tools, and insights that align to each team's specific needs and financial outcomes
- Lead and build a best-in-class FP&A team that can strategically think through setting up our financial processes and tools for the future, as well as create proactive working partnerships with budget owners to ensure smooth financial operations
- Tie the company's objectives to a clear set of metrics that we can use to track our progress; understand business drivers, create the metrics to understand them, and report on them in a high impact way
- Address ad hoc financial requests when they come up to help the business tackle the complex financial questions
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A (preferably at a B2B SaaS company)
- Skilled in financial analysis, detail-oriented, and proficient in building and using complicated data sources, financial modeling, and multi-year projections
- A proven leader with the ability to effectively manage and develop an FP&A team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and reporting skills
- An ability to influence all levels, including senior-level executives
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, proven experience working in a highly dynamic start-up environment
Our target total compensation (OTE) range for this role is between $260,000 USD and $270,000 USD + equity.
We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, however we are open to hiring this position fully remote, with travel opportunities to meet customers and connect with colleagues.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. At Censys we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace - so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be exactly who we need to fill this role or others!
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.