Censys knows the internet and cloud better than anyone else. Attack Surface Management provides customers with an attacker-centric view of all externally facing internet and cloud to extend visibility, prioritize, and remediate the most critical risk exposures that will actually lead to a breach. Our daily IPv4 scans and the world’s largest SSL/TLS Certificate database enables customers with the most accurate and continuously updated attack surfaces. Enterprise security teams leverage Censys to keep pace with the speed of the business and gain an advantage on the rapidly evolving cyber-attack threats.
We are a rapidly growing cyber security startup based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a 100% fully remote team. Our innovation is fueled by the team’s global perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We welcome healthy debate, constructive conversations, and outside-the-box thinking to ensure we are moving fast, learning things, and iterating quickly.
As a Software Engineer focused on asset discovery, you will build and maintain world-class systems for discovering who owns what on the Internet. Censys maintains the largest, most accurate and most credible dataset of Internet assets and risks for security practitioners. We're looking for talented engineers to build and maintain systems that map that data onto real world organizations so that those organizations can harden their Internet-facing infrastructure and minimize the risk of breaches.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain systems that automate the discovery of Internet assets (websites, domain names, IP addresses, etc) as part of an agile development team
- Evolve complex, continuously changing data models for both customer-facing and internal APIs
- Work with persistent data stores, caches, 3rd party APIs and integrating them into systems that can evolve gracefully over time
- Build software artifacts, automated tests, and CI infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years industry experience
- Experience designing and building high-impact, high-performance, secure, scalable, observable, and maintainable backend services
- Experience building and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience with golang and python
- Experience with building software systems that reside in cloud platforms: containers, microservice architectures, managed compute and data storage services
- Experience with REST/GRPC and service-oriented architectures
- Comfortable with projects that have a large degree of uncertainty and risk
- Experienced distributed systems debugger who can identify root cause and remediate issues in production under pressure
- Desire to collaborate with and advise product management and leadership to balance long term maintainability of software against rapid development
- Understands and practices the principles of continuous delivery to ensure quick, safe, and sustainable development in the face of changing priorities and uncertainty
What will make you stand out:
- Understanding of common Internet infrastructure such as DNS, IP WHOIS, routing and load balancing technologies
- Working knowledge of computer networking, undergraduate networking course or equivalent knowledge
- Practical experience measuring statistical algorithms for accuracy or experience with rule-based systems
Our target salary range for this role is between $110,000 - $140,000 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, however we are open to hiring this position fully remote, with travel opportunities to meet customers and connect with colleagues.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. At Censys we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace - so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be exactly who we need to fill this role or others!
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.