Censys knows the internet and cloud better than anyone else. Attack Surface Management provides customers with an attacker-centric view of all externally facing internet and cloud to extend visibility, prioritize, and remediate the most critical risk exposures that will actually lead to a breach. Our daily IPv4 scans and the world’s largest SSL/TLS Certificate database enables customers with the most accurate and continuously updated attack surfaces. Enterprise security teams leverage Censys to keep pace with the speed of the business and gain an advantage on the rapidly evolving cyber-attack threats.
We are a rapidly growing cyber security startup based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a 100% fully remote team. Our innovation is fueled by the team’s global perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We welcome healthy debate, constructive conversations, and outside-the-box thinking to ensure we are moving fast, learning things, and iterating quickly.
Censys is looking for a passionate, motivated, and high energy Sales Development leader to manage and scale our North America SDR team. This person will play a critical role in enabling our growth strategy for new and upsell business, and will lead our team of enthusiastic Sales Development Reps. This role will be responsible for hitting meeting, pipeline, and revenue goals for both inbound and outbound sourced deals.
- Manage, mentor, and develop our team of North American Sales Development Reps
- Continuously recruit, hire, and train new members of our SDR team
- Develop and execute the strategy for evolving our team from a hybrid SDR model to an inbound and outbound SDR model
- Train and develop goals around scaling our SDR outbound model
- Motivate SDR team members with creative accelerators and incentives, while building a strong SDR culture
- Own goals for inbound and outbound sourced meetings, pipeline, and ARR
- Provide regular reporting to sales and marketing leadership on MQL volume and acceptance rates, meeting conversion, opportunity conversion, velocity, and messaging effectiveness
- Work directly with our CMO and marketing team to develop a regular cadence of multi-channel SDR outreach via email, phone, social media, direct mail, and more
- Partner with Sales Management and AEs to develop effective account plans across all territories and segments
- Refine and evolve our Sales Development strategy and process to scale and deliver predictable results
- Work with Sales Leadership on further defining the SDR career path towards AE
- 3+ years in a Sales Management role (SDR or AEs)
- 5+ years in a Sales role (SDR or AE)
- Must have direct experience either managing SDRs or working as an SDR
- Experience selling for a high volume technology company, experience in Security a plus
- Extensive experience with outbound sales or developing an outbound sales motion
- Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- Highly motivated and passionate, with a love for leading people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a love for building teams and processes from start to finish
- Experience leading a distributed team a plus
Our target salary range for this role is between $140,000-$180,000 on-target-earnings per year with a 60/40 variable compensation split.
We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, however we are open to hiring this position fully remote, with travel opportunities to meet customers and connect with colleagues.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. At Censys we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace - so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be exactly who we need to fill this role or others!
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.