Censys knows the internet and cloud better than anyone else. Attack Surface Management provides customers with an attacker-centric view of all externally facing internet and cloud to extend visibility, prioritize, and remediate the most critical risk exposures that will actually lead to a breach. Our daily IPv4 scans and the world’s largest SSL/TLS Certificate database enables customers with the most accurate and continuously updated attack surfaces. Enterprise security teams leverage Censys to keep pace with the speed of the business and gain an advantage on the rapidly evolving cyber-attack threats.
We are a rapidly growing cyber security startup based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a 100% fully remote team. Our innovation is fueled by the team’s global perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We welcome healthy debate, constructive conversations, and outside-the-box thinking to ensure we are moving fast, learning things, and iterating quickly.
Censys is seeking a Senior Full-stack Engineer to build APIs, UI components and user experiences in web-based applications that empower security teams to defend their organizations. As a member of the Risks team, you'll surface meaningful insights and actions to take on customer assets, help organizations define their inventory and attack perimeters, and build workflows for identifying and remediating risks.
- Work closely with data engineering and customer success teams to tightly integrate our risk framework with our attack surface management platform to rapidly surface relevant risks as well as silence irrelevant ones.
- Work on improving our presentation of assets and risks in our Attack Surface Management platform (Typescript and React)
- Develop new backend APIs and integrate with existing ones to solve customer problems or answer customers’ questions about their attack surface (Typescript and Golang)
- Build, test, deploy, and monitor code automatically
- Work in iterative development cycles
- 4+ years of professional experience building web applications, APIs, and frontends
- At least one backend web framework (e.g. Express, Fastify, Django, Rails, or Spring)
- SQL, to retrieve and manipulate stored data
- Familiarity with CICD and deploying applications to Kubernetes
- Code organization for testability and maintainability
This Role Might Be A Good Fit If You..
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment where changes happen quickly
- Contribute to our culture of learning. Take ownership of issues, admit mistakes, and work to improve over time
- Make informed decisions by combining empirical evidence with domain expertise and good judgment
- Ability to contribute to the security domain expertise both within the team and Censys at large is a huge plus
- Operate and contribute effectively as part of a team where we work together to solve problems
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to other engineers, designers, sales people, and content marketers is no problem for you
This job is not a good fit if you..
- Think engineering’s job is done after the code is delivered.
- You are more motivated by technology than understanding customer problems
- Don’t enjoy helping and mentoring your colleagues around you
Our front end focused developers mostly use Typescript, React, Node.JS, Python, and/or Golang.
Our back end focused developers mostly use Golang, Python, Postgres, and a wide assortment of other tools and frameworks for deployments and telemetry.
We don’t expect specific familiarity with our stack; experience with any common web development language or frameworks together with experience of relational databases is enough to be successful.
Our target salary range for this role is between $145,000 USD and $175,000 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, however we are open to hiring this position fully remote, with travel opportunities to meet customers and connect with colleagues.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. At Censys we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace - so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be exactly who we need to fill this role or others!
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.