We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan but are hiring and working remotely.
As a Software Engineer focused on asset discovery, you will build and maintain world-class systems for discovering who owns what on the Internet. Censys maintains the largest, most accurate and most credible dataset of Internet assets and risks for security practitioners. We're looking for talented engineers to build and maintain systems that map that data onto real world organizations so that those organizations can harden their Internet-facing infrastructure and minimize the risk of breaches.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain systems that automate the discovery of Internet assets (websites, domain names, IP addresses, etc) as part of an agile development team
- Evolve complex, continuously changing data models for both customer-facing and internal APIs
- Work with persistent data stores, caches, 3rd party APIs and integrating them into systems that can evolve gracefully over time
- Build software artifacts, automated tests, and CI infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years industry experience, 7+ preferred
- Experience designing and building high-impact, high-performance, secure, scalable, observable, and maintainable backend services
- Experience building and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience with golang and python
- Experience with building software systems that reside in cloud platforms: containers, microservice architectures, managed compute and data storage services
- Experience with REST/GRPC and service-oriented architectures
- Comfortable with projects that have a large degree of uncertainty and risk
- Experienced distributed systems debugger who can identify root cause and remediate issues in production under pressure
- Desire to collaborate with and advise product management and leadership to balance long term maintainability of software against rapid development
- Understands and practices the principles of continuous delivery to ensure quick, safe, and sustainable development in the face of changing priorities and uncertainty
What will make you stand out:
- Understanding of common Internet infrastructure such as DNS, IP WHOIS, routing and load balancing technologies
- Working knowledge of computer networking, undergraduate networking course or equivalent knowledge
- Practical experience measuring statistical algorithms for accuracy or experience with rule-based systems
Our target salary range for this role is between $145,000 USD and $175,000 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.