Censys knows the Cloud and the Internet better than anyone else. Attack Surface Management provides customers with an attacker-centric view of all externally facing Cloud and Internet assets to extend visibility, prioritize, and remediate the most critical risk exposures that will actually lead to a breach. Our daily IPv4 scans and the world’s largest SSL/TLS Certificate database enables customers with the most accurate and continuously updated attack surfaces. Enterprise security teams leverage Censys to keep pace with the speed of the business and gain an advantage on the rapidly evolving cyber-attack threats.
We are a rapidly growing cyber security startup based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a 100% fully remote team. Our innovation is fueled by the team’s global perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We welcome healthy debate, constructive conversations, and outside-the-box thinking to ensure we are moving fast, learning things, and iterating quickly.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Product Marketing role at Censys will be a seasoned Product Marketing executive in the B2B-SaaS Cyber Security space. This individual will take a customer-centric, market-driven approach to the product marketing discipline in order to position, message, price, package, launch, compete, advocate, and orchestrate a world-class ASM product in a global marketplace. In addition to being part of a broader Marketing organization, this individual will work closely with both the Product and Sales teams, to build the right set of content, sales collateral, and enablement tools to assist the Censys organization on its mission to become the product, company, and category leader for Attack Surface Management. This is a highly visible and pivotal role within the company and you will build and lead a world-class team of Product Marketers to help realize the company’s mission.
What you’ll do:
- Translate company strategy into narratives and vision for Censys.
- Establish Censys as the leader in the ASM category by developing a powerful perspective on how we see the future and our role in it.
- Own the positioning, messaging, and value propositions of Censys products.
- Create and communicate a deep understanding of Censys products' buyer and user personas, market segments, and regional variations. Prioritize which are most important to pursue in various contexts.
- Evangelize analysts, press, and other influencers.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date competitive insights and positioning, as well as rapid-response capabilities against competitive threats in specific deals.
- Partner closely with Sales, Product, and Marketing via a recurring process and forum to drive tight alignment and collaboration across GTM Stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure that existing (and new) products and functionality are packaged, priced, launched, and communicated effectively. These efforts should be part of a repeatable go-to-market process.Identify opportunities for new products, packaging, and partnerships to serve unmet needs.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to ensure that content, tools, and other Product Marketing assets are effectively deployed to, and used by, the field.
- Get the best out of Censys minds and voices, to create and deliver true thought leadership. This includes everything from taglines and concepts to field-ready tools.
- Build, develop, and lead the world class Product Marketing team that can deliver the above.
What you’ll bring:
- 7-10 years of experience in product marketing and related marketing functions in the software industry, preferably within the area of B2B SaaS and Cyber Security sectors.
- 5+ years of progressive management experience, with an emphasis on leadership, and engaging global and local stakeholders.
- Experience building trusted relationships with executive sponsors and end users.
- Technical background or clear understanding of Cyber Security products; familiarity with ASM, VM, CSPM, CASSM, and other product areas of Cyber Security
- Deep understanding of customer needs and market dynamics specific to SecOps, managing internet-facing assets, cloud security, red teams, blue teams, etc.
- Experience supporting an Integrated GTM motion that includes sales, channel and services partners, strategic alliances and technology ecosystems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, marketing, business, or related area; MBA is a plus.
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused on “getting it done” in a fast-moving, technical environment.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven experience being self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with and delivering results for product teams, sales teams and customers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- The use of data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
Our target salary range for this role is between $175,000 USD and $190,000 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, however we are open to hiring this position fully remote, with travel opportunities to meet customers and connect with colleagues.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. At Censys we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace - so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be exactly who we need to fill this role or others!
Censys is an equal opportunity employer.