We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan but open to hiring this position to be located 100% remote with the expectation of attending in-person events.
Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re a true startup with midwestern roots and a brilliant academia-backed founding team. We’re looking for a high-energy, action-oriented person who is interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We are looking for our first Events Coordinator to own the management and execution of our event marketing operations. In this role, you will lead the company’s overall event strategy, including 1st party and 3rd party events, both physical and virtual, which includes both industry trade, prospect and customer audiences. You will work closely with the leadership team and company cross-groups (Sales and Customer Success) to determine key events and handle event logistics from start to finish. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, has a strong attention to detail, and thrives in a high growth start-up environment.
What you’ll do:
- Own the planning, messaging and execution of corporate events, including trade shows, webinars and other events, from Tier 1 events to more intimate regional field events
- Manage the budgeting process, with responsibility for keeping events on schedule, on-brand and aligned with the scope
- Ensure Sales Reps and other on-site event representatives are enabled with swag, uniforms, messaging, updated collateral and AV equipment
- Build relationships across departments including marketing, sales, product and customer success
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on event production from start to finish
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes
- Manage post-event lead follow-ups and collect feedback for improving future events
- Provide day-of-event support including booth set-up, run of show management, overseeing internal and external staff and partners, and providing demo support
What you’ll bring:
- 3 - 5 years of corporate event planning experience
- Proven experience executing events, including trade show planning
- Highly organized with an ability to manage resources, budgets, and complex logistics
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Skills that set you apart:
- Attention to Detail - Anticipate the needs of the business and attendees to ensure we are prepared for anything
- Flexibility - Be comfortable to right-size your event planning experience for Censys, given our needs, budget, strategy, physical location, etc.
- A rolodex of known/trusted vendors in the event space
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.