We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI but are open to hiring 100% remote!
Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re a true startup with midwestern roots and a brilliant academia-backed founding team. We’re looking for a high-energy, action-oriented person who is interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We’re looking to add a UX Design Systems Manager to join our UX Team. You will help build a SaaS product that enables security practitioners and analysts to explore and draw security insights from the most trusted and credible internet data that exists (ours)! Censys processes terabytes of network data everyday---it’s your job to help us leverage that data to provide valuable insights for our customers by building an easy to use, intuitive product.
In this role, you will develop UI component guidelines and standards, iterate on existing patterns and components, incorporate upcoming rebrand work into the UI, maintain libraries in Figma, and train the UX department on how to use these tools in their work. You will create, define, and advance UI solutions for communicating actionable security insights to our users. We work cross functionally with just about every team from engineering to customer success to marketing to deliver a simple unified customer experience and make things look and feel like Censys.
What You Will Do:
- Establish UI guidelines and standards to up level the Censys Design System for our suite of products.
- Empower Design and Engineering to achieve consistency, continuity, quality efficiently.
- Form positive relationships and process with Product and Engineering teams to build frictionless design implementation.
- Partner with our visual designers to implement upcoming rebranding initiatives into the Censys products.
- Participate in and facilitate usability testing sessions with customers and share findings across the organization.
- Review and advise on designs for system compliance; identify and prioritize improvements to the system.
- Identify where our design processes are falling short and propose solutions.
- Educate team members and stakeholders on the value of design thinking and user-centered practices.
What Skills You Might Have:
- 5+ years of UX Design experience, with experience creating, defining, and owning design systems.
- Experience building and managing design assets and documentation for design system components. You’ve tailored design systems tools and workflows for the unique needs for your organization.
- Understand technical constraints and guidelines as they apply to design for digital platforms. Awareness of accessibility, localization and inclusive design principles and best practices.
- Experience facilitating user testing and translating feedback into thoughtful solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Figma’s design tool, including its use in maintaining design systems libraries.
- Ability to influence and manage stakeholders across the business.
This job is a good fit if you can:
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment where changes happen quickly.
- Contribute to our culture of learning. Take ownership of issues, admit mistakes, and work to improve over time.
- Operate and contribute effectively as part of a team where we work together to solve problems,
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.