We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan but open to hiring this position to be located 100% remote.
Censys is building the most credible, robust map of the Internet through IP scanning, DNS lookups, web crawling, ingestion of millions of certificates, and new algorithms. We are a true security startup with midwestern roots and we believe that by increasing human intuition and understanding of networks, operations, and security practices, organizations can protect themselves from vulnerability and risk. We are looking for a network security expert to join our team as a Product Manager (PM) to help build and deliver a roadmap for our Total Visibility initiative. The Censys Attack Surface Management (ASM) platform is currently providing an external view of the enterprise attack surface based on our Internet data. You will be responsible for augmenting the external view with information gathered inside the network boundary (cloud or on-premises) to provide the enterprise a 360° view of their assets and associated risks.
Our ideal Product Manager will have an entrepreneurial mindset, strong internal drive, and the ability to balance thinking big while getting things done. You have a curious mindset and can empathize with the customer to truly understand their problems and pain points. You take a market-driven approach to product management, with an eye towards customer experience and focus on how to bring ease-of-use to solve Enterprise security problems. You are passionate about solving customer problems, and will bring customer context to various stakeholders across Engineering, UX, Marketing and Sales to help communicate and execute your vision and deliver a service that delights our customers.
What You Will Do:
- Define the vision, strategy and roadmap for providing our ASM customers total visibility of their assets and risks
- Validate customer use cases with the broader market to ensure broad market appeal for the solution we are building
- Collaborate with engineering and UX on design alternatives to solve customer problems, and iterate, test and validate design alternatives with internal or external stakeholders
- Be the customer advocate in an Agile development environment, ensuring that requirements are fully understood by the development team and that the implementation matches expectations
- Research the technical trends in our industry, and assess emerging products and companies and whether they present a potential threat or an opportunity for our business
- Keep track of our competitor’s offerings and determine how we can best differentiate ourselves and ensure our data provide superior value to potential customers
- Partner with marketing and sales to support product launch, customer communications and go-to-market activities
- Work with external third parties to explore potential partnership and licensing opportunities for our data
What Skills You Have:
- At least 5 year of industry experience with at least 3 years in security
- Experience working with cloud environments like AWS, GCP and Azure, and familiarity with SaaS cloud solutions
- You have real experience launching commercial SaaS products to market
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment
- You are a strong communicator for both strategic and technical issues to a cross-functional team
- You are comfortable acting as a leader within the company, and you are comfortable influencing people without authority
This job is a good fit if you can:
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment where changes happen quickly
- Contribute to our culture of learning. Take ownership of issues, admit mistakes, and work to improve over time.
- Make informed decisions by combining empirical evidence with domain expertise and good judgement.
- Operate and contribute effectively as part of a team where we work together to solve problems
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.