Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily, and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re a true startup with midwestern roots and brilliant academia-backed founding team. We’re looking for a high-energy, action-oriented person who is interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We’re growing, and we need a hungry Inbound Sales Development Representative to help us field that growth! As an SDR, you will work alongside the sales team to build qualified pipelines of potential customers and help shape the future of our customer-facing teams. Using your unique personality and grit, you will reach out and qualify inbound leads to increase the pipeline of potential Censys customers. You will not only be responsible for qualifying inbound leads but will be expected to be a subject matter expert on all things Censys (since you will be the first point of contact).
What you’ll do
- Assist with sales qualification efforts by phone, email, LinkedIn, or whatever it takes to get them excited and engaged with Censys
- Schedule and coordinate calls for inbound leads and demo requests
- Build an intimate understanding of Censys and our place in the industry
- Collaborate with the sales, solution engineering, and marketing teams to execute and improve an existing qualification process
- Create personalized email campaigns and enhance existing campaigns to engage with prospects and generate demand for our products
- Articulate our value proposition and use cases, as well as educate prospects on our product offering over email and phone
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of activities and notes in Hubspot and Salesforce.com
Skills you have
- You have a proven ability to sell with a minimum of 1 year of related experience
- You’ve done some selling in the past and have the ability and desire to become great at software sales
- General understanding or strong interest in cybersecurity and SaaS
- Ability to effectively communicate the value of Censys to security practitioners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Goal & growth mindset with the ability to seek out and apply coaching feedback
- Strong organization and collaboration skills
- Hubspot, Salesforce.com, and G Suite experience is a plus
- You want to grow your career and contribute to building a company from the ground up!
- You thrive in an ever-changing and competitive environment where an entire team is committed to a single goal
- You want to become an expert in a new and exciting technology space, and are willing and eager to learn
- Previous start-up experience is a plus
While we are open to hiring most of our positions remote, this position is required to be located near Ann Arbor, Michigan.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.