We’re looking for our first Product Marketing Manager at Censys! As our first PMM, you will drive the development, implementation and execution of the Censys product marketing strategy and create innovative product and technology messaging, positioning, and content, as well as enablement for the sales team. You will work closely with the CTO, product, marketing, sales, and engineering teams to develop customer-centric messaging to drive awareness and ultimately revenue. You’ll need excellent communication skills and the expertise to write intriguing narratives on complex cybersecurity topics.
The right person for this role is a subject matter expert in buyer personas, and has a deep understanding of the enterprise security market. This knowledge will be transferred into product design and positioning as well as sales enablement materials. As the voice of the market, you will help drive our Attack Surface Management value proposition and gain market insights over time that enable you to continually refine the product marketing strategy and establish our narrative in the market. Your energy, passion and strong presentation skills will be required as you become the product evangelist of Censys through webinars and events.
Areas of Focus:
- Positioning & Messaging - understand the enterprise security landscape and organizations’ key business problems and pain points, as well as how our competitors are positioning themselves – describe our value proposition and unique differentiation - from practitioner to CISO.
- Sales Enablement & Tools - create the value proposition content and tools for enterprise Attack Surface Management, that allows sales and internal champions to facilitate the selling process – create collateral, whitepapers, webinars, videos, blogs, ads to communicate our value proposition, to drive ongoing lead generation all the way through the buyer’s journey.
- Enterprise Cybersecurity Buyer Focused – create personas (practitioner, approver, budget holder) and content to effectively communicate to and persuade those influencers all of the way through the purchase process. Understand why recent evaluators of the product did or did not buy and what steps they took in the buying process.
- Market/Buyer Intelligence - be the expert on our buyers, understand the security organization, how they buy and their buying criteria. Create marketing and positioning content for a complex product with changing market dynamics.
- Drive awareness of Attack Surface Management by engaging with analysts, industry through-leaders and influencers and by authoring rapid incident response blog/Tweets
- Write compelling abstracts in order to obtain speaking roles at industry trade shows and events
- Create consistent messaging and voice across all channels and campaigns, and across target buyer personas from CISO to practitioner
- Create and manage a content calendar that syncs with marketing, and product roadmap completion, and that continuously iterates based on events, results and achievements
- Measure content effectiveness with metrics that establish and validate results
- Stay informed on industry trends and problems to adapt our messaging/positioning
- Work with lead/demand generation to create inbound and targeted outbound campaigns
- Be passionate about helping customers solve security problems and protect their organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field or combined experience is required
- 5+ years of enterprise SaaS product marketing experience with a focus and passion on cybersecurity
- Analytical yet creative, with a strong sense of curiosity for data-driven results
- Strong business acumen with the ability to work independently, creatively bypass blockers, and create best-in-class content customized to Censys
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Very strong written, verbal and creative skill-set for for communicating at all levels and environments: events, senior management, buyers, practitioners, employees
- Deep understanding of customers’ needs and market dynamics specific to SecOps, managing internet-facing assets, cloud security, etc.
About us: Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily, and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re looking for high-energy, action-oriented people who are interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.