Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re a true startup with midwestern roots and a brilliant academia-backed founding team. We’re looking for a high-energy, action-oriented person who is interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about UX research and comfortable in a fast-moving organization. As a UX Researcher at Censys, you will lead our UX research process development and help shape our product design vision. You are passionate about solving customer problems, and will bring customer context to various stakeholders across Design, Engineering and Product Management by conducting high quality research and delivering a service that delights our customers.
What you will do:
- Help everyone at Censys to focus on the user needs
- Work closely with the product and design teams to identify meaningful research questions
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including user testing, field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, etc.
- Develop user-journey flows and customer experience mapping visualizations to better understand our position in the market
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable and impactful reports
- Generate insights that shape how the product team prioritizes, ranging from short-term to long-term product strategy
- Analyze actual consumer behavior and design simple solutions to complex workflows
- Confidently present and explain how to use data to inform the product experience to internal stakeholders
- Conduct high-level prototype testing to understand user behavior/expectations
Skills and experience you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- A solid foundation of mixed methods or mastery of a dedicated approach including: knowledge of qualitative and user-centered research methods and analysis (e.g., interviews, surveys, ethnography, co-design, concept-testing, heuristic evaluations etc.) as well as quantitative research methods and analysis (e.g., parametric and non-parametric statistics, cluster analysis, conjoint analysis, data modeling, etc.)
- Experience with designing and summarizing surveys
- A proven track record of working well with product managers, designers, engineers, and other business partners
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys
- Ability to conduct research quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment to address changing business needs and deadlines
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English proficiency
- Portfolio demonstrating design challenges and flows that met business/design goals
- A bias for action, iteration, and continuous improvement
What sets you apart:
- UX research experience in the cybersecurity or internet data/networking industry
- Experience designing products for security or IT users is a plus
- Experience designing quantitative data dashboards and/or tools for visualizing large/multiple user data sets
- MA/MS or additional formal training in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of giving customers the ground truth visibility of their attack surface. We are constantly innovating and iterating -- challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity by leveraging data. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We’re defining this industry instead of waiting for direction. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.