Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily, and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re a true startup with midwestern roots and brilliant academia-backed founding team. We’re looking for a high-energy, action-oriented person who is interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We’re looking to hire an Account Executive that will be responsible for selling our data and SaaS platform. In addition to helping us surpass our revenue goals, you’ll have the responsibility to help build our sales playbook and build upon our current sales process. The right person for this job enjoys the scrappy nature of a startup with ambiguity and constant change, but also wants to help a sales organization and company scale over time.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced with a proven track record of closing new logos and also expansion revenue. We require our sales team to have a consultative approach and committed to solving our customers problems before the monetary gain. This person must demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high performance but team-centered sales culture, specifically managing a pipeline, delivering results against a quota and maintaining productive client relationships.
- Manage inbound leads from MQL through sales funnel by leveraging existing tools
- Grow sales in the Enterprise and upper Mid-Market with companies 500 employees and above
- Become a resident expert on the Censys products and sell new / existing customers on our our security data and SaaS platform
- Ability to sell at different levels within an organization ranging from the practitioner all the way to C-level
- Close large, complex deals involving multiple executive level stakeholders
- Exceed activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Develop and maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified opportunities, and consistently maintain an accurate forecast
- Successfully negotiate win-win agreements based on value selling
- University or college degree in Computer Science, Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of software selling experience, preferably in the security industry
- Experience selling at an early stage company where product(s) are in their infancy where you have ownership in building sales enablement
- Consistent track record of success around $1M quota
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles using solution selling techniques
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as needed
- Skilled in virtual presentations, online web demos, remote sales processes
- Proficiency using SalesForce.com
- Ability to manage a 60-90 day sales cycle
- Bonus: Understanding of MEDDIC, Force Management or Value Selling
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.