Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily, and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re a true startup with midwestern roots and brilliant academia-backed founding team. We’re looking for high-energy, action-oriented people who are interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our engineering team. You will be working on architecting, building, and scaling all of our services that power all of our customer-facing applications. Data engineering is core to all of Censys. Censys processes terabytes of data about networks each day, and you’ll be key to ensuring we can effectively leverage it in our products. You’ll be directly responsible for supporting us in our ultimate mission to help organizations understand their infrastructure and security.
We expect all of our employees to consider customer happiness as our primary goal and a willingness to come to work everyday with a great attitude, both eager to learn and educate, which helps to make us a better organization every day.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience building and deploying backend services, preferably that power data pipelines or external-facing applications.
- Have knowledge of cloud computing (preferably GCP) offerings and operations.
- You can work with your teammates to design, build, and deploy backend microservices, and can scale them without breaking the bank.
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, BigTable, Spark) and approaches.
- You’re willing to pair up with anybody to solve problems, with an eye towards developer experience and delivery.
- You understand how to design and architect service-based solutions for maintainability and scalability.
- You prefer solutions that are simple and testable, and are great at deciding when a company should bet on the latest technology.
- You’re more of a builder than a consultant. You are interested in getting your hands dirty not just trying to manage others..
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with engineering to ensure the existing architecture is will satisfy the business requirements. Where is doesn’t you will be responsible for guiding us to the correct architecture and working with management to layout a plan for refactoring towards a solid architecture.
- Work with PM to understand business needs and market trends, and determine how our services need to evolve to fit upcoming needs.
- Provide architectural guidance to the engineering team during the design phase for new features and functionality
- Work with other engineers to prove our unknown/risky features prior to production development.
- Lead research efforts that will influence our long term roadmap. (Where to invest and grow beyond incremental features). Collaborating with both developers and PM to get these items into the roadmap.
- Ensure we have the ability to effectively communicate about the architecture.
- Ensure we have high quality standards for our development process.
- Perform code and architecture reviews to ensure new features fit the architecture and to keep an eye for architectural deficiencies.
- Occasionally support the PM or SE team with customer or partnership calls to provide technical expertise
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.