We're looking for a Project Manager/Scrum Master with a passion to empower and steer teams towards each project milestone on the road ahead. We're solving some of the largest problems security professionals are faced with daily with our Attack Surface Management Platform and our Internet as a Database search applications. We won’t get very far without someone to coordinate the agile teamwork needed to keep its development on track.
As our first Program Manager you will you will play a key role in the delivery of projects and change initiatives for our teams ultimately leading towards increased team velocity and customer happiness. You will be responsible for supporting our Product and Engineering teams and coaching them to continually improve at estimation, planning sprint backlogs, and being effective in sprint ceremonies. You will work with the management team to ensure the teams maintain the autonomy they need to be a highly functioning team. You will also be responsible for helping to communicate between Product, Engineering, UX and the other parts of the organization including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, and senior leadership.
We expect all of our employees to consider customer happiness as our primary goal and a willingness to come to work everyday with a great attitude, both eager to learn and educate, which helps to make us a better organization every day.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple projects leveraging Agile processes, partnering with Product, Engineering, UX and anyone else necessary to ensure on-time, and on-budget, quality delivery
- Work closely with very technical teams specializing in security, advanced computing, and data engineering
- Promote a culture of agile leadership to ensure the continuous improvement of agile methods and lead improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the program
- Be proactive in helping us stay agile as we scale into a larger organization
- Track progress through backlog tracking, burndown metrics and velocity
- Provide insight and actionable data to help the team see where they can improve
- Provide clear ownership for and visibility of the resolution of all project risks and issues
- Provide regular and constructive feedback to team members and their line managers
Skills/experience you’ll bring:
- 5 years of experience in a Project Manager or Scrum Master role, or combined experience
- A desire to be part of a close knit group that wants to lean in to hard problems as a team, with a real interest in problem solving
- A desire to foster a culture of communication and collaboration over specs and process
- Ability to work independently, with excellent personal organisation and ability to demonstrate good judgement and logical prioritization of tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills, including facilitation and coaching, and ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in the use of tools and techniques to facilitate effective project delivery
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.