We’re looking for an energetic and passionate Technical Writer that can help us make our SaaS applications an even better experience for our users. As the first Technical Writer at Censys, you will work closely with engineering to help deliver a product that delights users, while helping to define all aspects of technical writing at Censys. This is an opportunity to help guide the vision, strategy, requirements and processes related to the creation and distribution of knowledge management materials used by customers, partners and employees.
This will be a critical part of the engineering team, and our success. Our ideal candidate has technical writing experience and some background working with software engineering teams.
This job may be a good fit if you can:
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment where changes happen quickly
- Contribute to our culture of learning. Take ownership of issues, admit mistakes, and work to improve over time.
- Operate and contribute effectively as part of a team where we work together to solve problems.
If you prefer to operate within a strictly defined boundary and require defined processes and detailed procedures to operate effectively, our current environment may not be for you.
Things you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product and sales to determine customer documentation needs
- Write and update documentation for customers that clearly explains how to use Censys
- Collaborate with engineering to document our REST APIs
- Provide seamless updates to all technical literature
- Create a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Work collaboratively on publications, websites, and presentations in a technical field
- Ensure the best document consumption experience based on the voice of the customer.
Skills you might have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Communications, English, Journalism, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 4 years experience documenting technical consumer and/or enterprise software
- Proven ability to collect and disseminate complex technical information in a way that is organized effectively and easy to consume from the perspective of the intended reader
- Previous experience documenting HTTP REST APIs
- Familiarity with Markdown, HTML & CSS
Censys has one of the largest databases about the Internet in existence. We agonize over how to organize and model the data such that it is easy for users to consume. We seek a technical writer that can work with us to communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately. We seek a technical writer that will wants to elevate our mission by making it easy for users to get answers to their questions about our applications. This will be accomplished by writing product documentation, updating help center queries and FAQs, reading and writing example code, and writing conceptual overviews and procedures.