We're Celonis, the global leader in process mining technology, and we’ve delivered enormous value to the world’s largest and most esteemed companies. To continue to help organizations uncover hidden business value opportunities, reduce carbon emissions, and radically improve customer service, we need you to join us.
Come join us on the ground floor on a team led by experienced ex-FAANG coworkers dedicated to developing state-of-the-art technology for Celonis products. The team creates foundational solutions such as a mining engine that enables our customers to interactively execute process mining over enterprise-sized data sets, as well as innovative object-centric modeling tools that empower users to perform process-oriented business analysis in a natural and powerful way. In order to handle the strong growth of our customer base and their demands, we are heavily investing in performance and scalability to ensure that our platform scales efficiently and dynamically in a multi-cloud environment.
Join us if you want to grow in your engineering knowledge, your career and leave your mark on a rapidly growing company.
We are looking for senior backend developers who enjoy building systems with the capability to manage big data. Within our Object-Centric Process Mining team, we are looking for a senior Java software engineer, who develops and implements new features and algorithms to support the digital transformation of our core platform to a novel object-centric paradigm.
The work you’ll do
- Design and implement critical high-performance systems to handle the ever-growing request rate on our backend infrastructure
- Evangelize best practices in database usage and end-to-end architecture
- Set an example for and mentor and grow your teammates
- Recognize and take action to improve the developer work environment
- Write clean, understandable, and testable code
- Provide feedback on the designs and code of peers
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Document development procedures, concepts and knowledge
- Build, launch, and maintain features in production
- Help define a fun and inclusive engineering culture
The qualifications you need
- BS in Computer science; Masters or Ph.D. preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- Experienced in programming with Java
- Good understanding of Spring frameworks
- Familiar with containerization technologies (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
Total compensation package will include base salary + bonus/commission + equity + benefits (health, dental, life, 401k, and paid time off). Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and that the actual total compensation offer will be determined based on various factors, including, but not limited to, applicant's qualifications, skills, experiences, and location.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Process Intelligence
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, Asians@Celonis, Latinx@Celonis, Veterans@Celonis and more
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, Earth Is Our Future
Since 2011, Celonis has helped thousands of the world’s largest and most esteemed companies yield immediate cash impact, radically improve customer experience, and reduce carbon emissions. Its Process Intelligence platform uses industry-leading process mining technology and AI to present companies with a living digital twin of their end-to-end processes. For the first time, everyone in an organization has a common language for how the business runs, visibility into where value is hiding, and the ability to capture it. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.