The Celonis Legal team is an energetic and proactive group of experts in their field, focused on identifying, avoiding, mitigating and solving challenges within the Celonis business. We sit at the heart of the Celonis organization and are proud to be seen as valued business partners across all aspects of the business. Reporting into the Chief Legal Officer, we have Commercial, Ecosystem, Corporate, Employment Law and Ethics & Compliance practices, supported by our Legal Operations team.
We are hiring an Employment Law attorney - EMEA to support our growing organization with approximately 3000 employees spread out in over 15 countries. Our biggest offices are in the United States, Germany and Spain. The attorney we hire will work on the Global Employment Law and Compliance team to provide pragmatic and solution-oriented legal advice to the People Team and management on a wide range of employment law issues, with a particular focus on our workforce in Europe. The attorney will also help enhance and scale our Ethics and Compliance program. The attorney will need to be comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced, results-oriented company that embraces change.
- Provide practical risk-based legal advice to Human Resources on a broad range of employment matters, including recruiting, hiring, leave and benefits, employee relations, performance management, discipline, terminations, working hours/hours of work, contingent workforce/leasing, anti-discrimination, diversity efforts, and redundancies
- Proactively create and update policies, guidelines, employment agreements, separation and settlement agreements, and other employment-related documents
- Support the continuous improvement of Human Resources related processes to maximize efficiencies, while providing adequate safeguards.
- Respond to and resolve employment related disputes, and actively manage outside counsel handling litigation
- Create and deliver training for HR and management on employment law issues
- Investigate reports of possible violations of employment laws or Code of Conduct and Ethics related policies, such as anti-harassment and conflicts of interest
- Keep up-to-date on changes to applicable laws and best practices for employment law and ethics and compliance programs; recommend and implement improvements
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits of employment-related policies and processes
- Law degree from a highly-regarded school and Active bar membership (or equivalent) in relevant jurisdiction
- 6+ years of employment law experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department (preferably experience in both)
- Oral and written business fluency in English
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills; high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working on employment law issues in at least 2 of these countries: Spain, Germany, France and the Netherlands; also experience working on matters that cover multiple countries
- Experience working with works council and trade unions
- Experience with hypergrowth/start-up software company preferred
- Experience leading projects with cross-functional teams and attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude; ability to independently and effectively interact with business leaders and Human Resources professionals at all levels, and in many different countries
- Ability to consider different perspectives and to think broadly, beyond the law, when making decisions and recommending courses of action
- Ability to think “outside the box” and address complex matters with risk-based practical approach and creative solutions
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and high-volume work environment, often with short deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Mental well-being support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, virtual events and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.