Do you share our passion for data? Execution management and process mining cannot happen without our digital clone process. This is an unparalleled opportunity to explore and experience various databases and their data structures, with focus on integrity. Our data teams that focus on ingestion and transformation are critical to our core product. They work with a vast variety of unique input sources to ensure we capture and transform our partner data in a way that can bring value to the user. They continuously anticipate the problems that can be caused by data sources and their associated data types, and have a deep understanding of the end goals of process mining and the end user goals. They work closely across teams supporting the end to end process, and work with multiple technologies to ensure performance, scalability, and data integrity.
In our Staff role you are seen as a senior member of our technical QA services team. You will spend time both embedded on an individual agile team and supporting testing across teams. You have a deep understanding of data structures, and are comfortable with DB languages. You have a passion for quality and drive practices that build it into our product. You have a lean mindset, and ruthlessly pursue ways to make our release testing more efficient, repeatable, and low effort. You also serve as the voice of the end user, advocating for clear logging and recovery process.
The work you’ll do:
- Operate independently across multiple teams and at times as an embedded member of an agile team, consistently advocating to push quality left and drive customer satisfaction of our product offerings.
- Own responsibility for one or more complex areas of testing.
- Deliver robust, complete test coverage with minimal overlap.
- Drive high quality test coverage in the team, ensuring definition of done includes minimal but sufficient automation and recognize the level of automation necessary to reach the goals.
- Collaborate across the QA Chapter, mentoring other team members and contributing to efforts to improve overall process and quality.
- Live by data not opinions, ensuring your agile team consistently meets auditability goals and that your team KPIs reflect the truth of overall quality status.
The qualifications you need:
- Extensive experience with SQL or similar query languages and databases (e.g. SAP HANA, MSSQL, Oracle, Snowflake).
- Extensive experience driving large, complex test efforts.
- Deep knowledge of ETL and API test approaches and methodologies to push testing left.
- Working experience with at least one scripting language such as Python, Ruby or similar.
- Experience with minimizing duplication of testing layers and a deep understanding of what should be tested at each layer.
- Experience with Github or similar VCS and CI/CD processes.
- Have experience with bug tracking and test repository software.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.