Celonis AI Group (CeloAI) is a newly formed organization within Celonis that is dedicated to developing state-of-the-art AI/ML (and broadly intelligent) technologies for Celonis products (e.g., the Execution Management System / EMS) and empower enterprises and institutions to make intelligent business decisions and achieve operational excellence. Our dual mission focuses on both the immediate term goals of designing and implementing advanced AI/ML product features and solutions for our customers and the long term goals of establishing competitive advantages of Celonis for execution management.
We are a global organization with presence in both Germany and the US. CeloAI US has its main presence in New York, NY but also remote presences across the US.
As a software engineer (machine learning), you are responsible for designing and developing product features and customer solutions, along with the underlying infrastructure, that are based on AI/ML approaches. You may interact closely with solution engineers, customer value architects, and execution management consultants within the Go-to-Market organization and product managers and software engineers within the product and engineering organization to build scalable and high quality AI/ML features and solutions for our customers.
You may also be responsible for designing and implementing new foundational technical components that will power the next generation of EMS and elevate the impact Celonis has on our customers. These components may span the areas of computer vision, natural language processing, data mining, recommendation, knowledge base, business intelligence, and other AI technologies.
The work you’ll do
- Deeply understand the business needs of Celonis customers, formulate the business needs into concrete technical problems, often AI related
- Determine which AI/ML approach, if any, is suited for the problem
- Design and develop scalable and high quality AI/ML models or otherwise intelligent approaches
- Design and implement scalable and robust data collection mechanisms
- Design and implement principled evaluation mechanisms
- Design and build robust and low latency infrastructure to serve the AI/ML models and meet the demands of Celonis customers
- Design and develop intelligent techniques to understand, represent, and integrate enterprise operational data (e.g., processes)
- Design and build APIs and infrastructure to serve such data at scale and with low latency
- Design and implement intelligent ways to ensure freshness and accuracy of such data across thousands of enterprise customers.
The qualifications you need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience (in Computer Science or related fields), Master’s degree and PhD degree a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Identify with the Celonis value of customer first, passionate about solving real world customer problems with a focus on finding the right solution regardless of the nature of the solution
- Passionate about developing scalable and efficient AI/ML solutions
- Passionate about building high quality AI/ML solutions with clear and repeatable evaluation mechanisms
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, unlimited time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Mental well-being support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, virtual events and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
For positions in New York City only: We offer a base salary range of $146,000 - 178,00 based on a Full Time Schedule. Total compensation package will include base salary + bonus/commission + equity + benefits (health, dental, life, 401k, and paid time off). Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and that the actual total compensation offer will be determined based on various factors, including, but not limited to, applicant's qualifications, skills, experiences, and location.
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.