In the Visualisation squad, we are very passionate about meaningful and interactive data visualizations that help our customers understand their data. As such, we maintain and constantly improve our own D3.js-based Charts Library that is used by multiple teams to visualize data for our customers in different parts of the Celonis EMS.
On top of our Charts Library, we use the in-house-built Studio SDK to build customizable and interactive visualization components for the Celonis Studio, such as Treemap, Process Explorer, and Waterfall Chart. Through Celonis Studio, customers are able to easily configure their own Views as Applications with prebuilt and interactive Widgets.
You will be reporting to the Team Lead of the Visualizations squad and work with TypeScript, D3.js, Angular 11, SCSS, Webpack, Git, Jira, Confluence, Github, and Datadog.
As Visualization Engineer in our squad, you will work closely together with engineers, designers, and product managers to create and advocate best-in-class data visualizations that are used across the Celonis EMS. You will contribute to our in-house Charts Library as well as our configurable Visualization Widgets in Celonis Studio enabling our customers to build custom execution apps for their unique business challenges.
The work you’ll do
- Work on complex visualization components and front-end architecture in Angular as well as vanilla Typescript
- Develop, document and maintain features of the d3.js based Charts Library to enhance other developer’s working environment
- Find and apply smart algorithms to solve data visualization problems
- Optimize rendering performance for visualizations with high amounts of data
- Advocate data visualization best practices and coach other colleagues sharing your know-how
- Play an active role in product discussions, influence the roadmap and end-user
- Bring in new exciting ideas and challenge existing solutions
The qualifications you need:
- University degree in computer science, human-computer interaction or similar
- +4 yrs of solid experience in Frontend Development
- Experience with D3.js and data visualization libraries such as Vega-Lite
- Experience with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimization
- Familiarity with data visualization concepts and best practices
- Effective interpersonal communication and collaboration skills. (English is a must!)
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Mental well-being support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, virtual events and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.