Product Analytics Engineer
Munich or Remote in Germany
We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we want you to join us as a Product Analytics Engineer
As a member of the Engineering organization, the Product Analytics & Data Sciences team provides analytic support and a strategic perspective to the product and engineering teams to enable them to make evidence-based decisions. We deliver actionable insights by collecting, organizing and interpreting data about user journeys, product telemetry, incidents, infrastructure utilization, sales motions, and much more. We transform data into analytic assets by conducting exploratory analysis, identifying outliers, validating hypotheses, building statistical models, quantifying risk; communicating findings through well crafted stories and critical recommendations.
As a Product Analytics Engineer in the Product Analytics & Data Sciences team, you will play a key role in developing and communicating data-driven insights that will help with strategic and tactical decision making in a hyper growth environment. You will create ETL pipelines, build data models, perform analyses, generate reports, and communicate findings as well as recommendations to engineers, managers and executives. In this exciting role, in addition to building pipelines and crunching data, you will also need to facilitate data driven discussions between stakeholders across the organization, through effective storytelling with meaningful insight.
The work you’ll do:
- Engage with stakeholders from product, engineering, and GTM teams to understand the analytic needs and identify the underlying data engineering requirements
- Design, build and maintain resilient data pipelines that ensure the continuous and reliable flow of data needed for to support all the product analytics activities
- Continuously engage in refining data engineering processes to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity through continuous audit and review
- Define data models, build reports & written narratives and create applications that deliver data-driven insights to product and engineering teams
- Conduct in-depth analytic investigations to find answers to business questions or support making the case for product and/or engineering ideas
- Work closely with the product and engineering team to identify the product telemetry needed to track feature adoption and user engagement and build the associated analytics
The qualifications you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a strong focus on Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Data Science.
- 3+ years relevant experience as an Analytics Engineer / Product Analyst / Data Engineer or similar, partnering with product, engineering or growth teams at a SaaS or enterprise software company
- Hands on experience with using analytic tools like Celonis EMS, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, Power BI to build and deliver insights
- Technical competence with analytical tools for data extraction, visualization and analysis (SQL, Python, Pandas)
- Experience working with large datasets
- Outcome-oriented with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working in agile teams using collaboration software like Jira or similar
- Eager to work in a fast-growing organization with diverse and international teams spread across multiple locations
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.