Senior Visualisation Engineer - Munich based OR remote in Germany
We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as Senior Visualisation Engineer.
In the Visualisation squad, we are very passionate about meaningful and interactive data visualizations that help our customers understand their data. As such, we maintain and constantly improve our own D3.js-based Charts Library that is used by multiple teams to visualize data for our customers in different parts of the Celonis EMS.
On top of our Charts Library, we use the in-house-built Studio SDK to build customizable and interactive visualization components for the Celonis Studio, such as Treemap, Process Explorer, and Waterfall Chart. Through Celonis Studio, customers are able to easily configure their own Views as Applications with prebuilt and interactive Widgets.
You will be reporting to the Team Lead of the Visualizations squad and work with TypeScript, D3.js, Angular 11, SCSS, Webpack, Git, Jira, Confluence, Github, and Datadog.
As Visualization Engineer in our squad, you will work closely together with engineers, designers, and product managers to create and advocate best-in-class data visualizations that are used across the Celonis EMS. You will contribute to our in-house Charts Library as well as our configurable Visualization Widgets in Celonis Studio enabling our customers to build custom execution apps for their unique business challenges.
The work you’ll do
- Work on complex visualization components and front-end architecture in Angular as well as vanilla Typescript
- Develop, document and maintain features of the d3.js based Charts Library to enhance other developer’s working environment
- Find and apply smart algorithms to solve data visualization problems
- Optimize rendering performance for visualizations with high amounts of data
- Advocate data visualization best practices and coach other colleagues sharing your know-how
- Play an active role in product discussions, influence the roadmap and end-user
- Bring in new exciting ideas and challenge existing solutions
The qualifications you need:
- University degree in computer science, human-computer interaction or similar
- +4 yrs of solid experience in Frontend Development
- Experience with D3.js and data visualization libraries such as Vega-Lite
- Experience with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimization
- Familiarity with data visualization concepts and best practices
- Effective interpersonal communication and collaboration skills. (English is a must!)
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Location flexibility! The option to work from our Tech Hubs on a hybrid model, or fully remote within Germany
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued, and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany, and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.