We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer.
Celonis is offering fully remote work opportunities across Spain for SRE. This role will require occasional travel to our Engineering HUB in Madrid.
This is a brand new team, reporting to the Director of Streaming Cloud, which will be responsible for operating and growing the DataOps Cloud for streaming data.
Lenses.io is part of Celonis and you will be exposed to the front-line of streaming technology applied globally.
This will give you unique insights that are immensely valuable and rare. It makes working with leading open-source technologies such as Apache Kafka & Kubernetes accessible for more than ten thousand engineers and operationalizes them for both enterprises.
Our product, Lenses, delivers an amazing developer experience for building & operating streaming data applications.
You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and make a big impact in a highly skilled Kafka SRE team, managing global deployments of Kafka, reporting to the Director of Streaming Cloud.
The work you’ll do:
- Ensure stability of tenants Lenses and Kafka deployments, constantly monitoring, alerting and proactively manage thousands of data pipelines running via Lenses
- Deploy and maintain instances Lenses and Apache Kafka on demand
- Be a part of a team that owns the health of our product and ensure its end-to-end availability and performance according to defined SLOs
- Apply your strong troubleshooting skills and strategic disaster recovery thinking
- Apply software engineering and SRE principles to design, write and deliver software, improve availability, scalability and efficiency of our product
- You will be working extensively with Strimzi and maybe required to contribute back to the project as well as developing and maintaining other Kubernetes operators for Lenses and ancillary services
- Constantly improve our monitoring, metrics and KPIs as well as define and implement missing SLOs
- Drive blameless lessons learned, implement processes and automations to ensure prevention of problem recurrence and document the acquired knowledge sharing it among all teams.
The qualifications you need:
- Experience operating distributed streaming services such as Apache Kafka or Pulsar is required
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container management solutions
- You are metrics driven, constantly working towards goals and KPIs, improving all the time
- You love being an SRE and are eager to learn and become better
- You are not afraid to ask questions, give and receive feedback
- You have strong problem-solving skills, which for us means not only you can solve a problem but also you can explain how you did it and why your solution is correct
- You are security, performance, and best-practice conscious
- You are able to take responsibilities and own projects (implementation or even design-wise)
- You like working in a team and you are able to push through language and cultural barriers to work with engineers all over the world
- You want to automate everything
- No task is beneath or above you. Documentation, support, and even little tasks are things we all do often. This applies even to our CEO!
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.