We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Business Intelligence Engineer.
Celonis is offering fully remote work opportunities across Spain for Business Intelligence Engineers. This role will require occasional travel to our Engineering HUB in Madrid.
Data Engineering is an international team within our Product and Engineering department. We own Celonis Process Connectors which are data transformations from ERP systems (such as SAP) to a format compatible with Celonis software.
We leverage state of the art technology and performant SQL scripting to reduce the time between data being recorded in an ERP system and appearing for consumption in Celonis apps. This allows companies to act on the latest data about their processes!
Data Engineers are known across Celonis for their expertise in SQL. You will help internal and external customers by increasing the performance of their data pipelines. On top of that, you will experiment with new data technologies and their features to decrease data processing times.
The work you’ll do:
- Research, test and measure different optimization techniques, new technologies (e.g. data streaming) and advanced features of existing technologies (e.g. data warehouse configuration) aiming at speeding up ETL jobs
- Document and evangelize the optimization techniques across our stakeholders
- Write and optimize SQL transformations as well as other parts of data pipelines
- Write formulas in PQL (Process Query Language – Celonis own language for analytical formulas and expressions)
The qualifications you need:
- Excellent command of SQL, especially DQL statements (e.g. SELECT) including query optimization principles
- Fluency in the English language
- Master of Science or an equivalent degree
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Experience in business intelligence, data engineering or business analytics including data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) and their languages for formulas and expressions (e.g. VizQL for Tableau, DAX for PowerBI). Quickly learning new languages (PQL)
- Understanding of ETL jobs, data warehouses/lakes, data modelling, schema design
- Knowledge of business processes and/or ERP software would be beneficial
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Location flexibility! The option to work from our Tech Hubs on a hybrid model, or fully remote from one of our selected locations
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.