Senior Legal Counsel – Channels and Alliances
We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a valued member of our growing Legal Team.
We are hiring a Senior Legal Counsel, Channels and Alliances to support our organization and report to the Assistant General Counsel, Ecosystem. This team member will play a key role in supporting Celonis’ global partner programs and strategic relationships, as well as be a business partner to other areas of the company on an as-needed basis. A successful candidate will provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented Legal support throughout the company and possess proven experience in a hypergrowth environment.
The work you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the company’s sales, operations, marketing and finance groups to support its various channel programs and strategic relationships.
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate a wide variety of partner agreements (OEM, distributor, reseller, systems integrator, technology partner, and other strategic alliance agreements), on-premise and hosted licensing/subscription agreements, and professional services agreements.
- Develop and maintain commercial contract templates.
- Provide training on a variety of topics to sales and other cross-functional teams.
- Support the procurement organization as needed.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement, reduction of friction and problem solving within areas of Legal and Compliance.
- Interact with and advise senior stakeholders (including C-Suite and Executive Management) regarding legal and business issues including identifying, managing and communicating risks and opportunities associated with specific agreements, business objectives and initiatives.
- Further Celonis’ business, financial and risk management objectives through diligent, proactive and creative lawyering.
The qualifications you need:
- JD and membership in good standing with at least one state bar
- 7+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including significant drafting and negotiation experience in relation to software/technology license/cloud and professional services agreements
- Working knowledge of commercial regulatory matters, including international data protection/privacy, corporate compliance and export/trade restrictions
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and negotiation skills, along with a good sense of humor
- Ability to pragmatically weigh risks and benefits of complex situations
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Success and comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Enjoy working with people and forging strong relationships
- Strong experience creating and scaling processes and policies for a rapidly growing company
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.