We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Quality Assurance Lead.
At Celonis, we focus on QA as a chapter. Our chapter consistently works to improve processes across agile teams and shift testing left so that we surface quality issues early and often. We focus on integrating our toolsets and examining our processes to make sure we don’t have any more manual effort than necessary, that our documentation is sufficient but also lean, and that our work is repeatable. In addition we work individually as embedded members of agile teams to do the day to day work of testing strategy, execution and automation.
As the QA Lead, you'll work with all of our QA members who are embedded across multiple agile teams. You'll make sure that they have the training and resources they need to get the job done, that all testing that integrates the work of the squads occurs smoothly, and you'll work as part of the overall QA chapter driving process improvement initiatives. You will report to the Director of Quality Assurance.
As a Quality Assurance Lead, you are an important part of our development. You lead a core team of Quality Engineers, ensuring that the work across their agile teams integrates smoothly, has full coverage and minimal overlap, and delivers high quality products. You are the link between development and product management for your teams, joining feature development early to develop QA strategies including staffing. You are a hands-on manager, able to test side by side with your team if needed to understand the way they work and the challenges facing them. You are responsible for ensuring we are automating the right tests, and that we can rely on them. With your QA knowledge, you work with the QA Chapter to drive process improvements resulting in higher quality.
The work you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 5-8 QA Engineers on multiple agile teams, support and mentor them
- Ensure the delivery of complex projects with test synchronization across agile teams
- Advocate the company QA strategy, working with agile teams to identify process and delivery issues on the agile teams and working with them to increase delivery accuracy
- Drive high quality test coverage in the team, ensuring definition of done includes risk based automation coverage; recognize when other automation levels are necessary to reach the goals
- Report on your team(s) deliverables on a regular basis to all stakeholders
- Continuously learning and developing own skills, expanding knowledge in multiple SDLC methodologies, and bring the best solution from any methodology to address our methodology needs
- Work with Product Owners and Development Leads to analyse upcoming projects for your teams and hire as needed
The qualifications you need:
- 6+ years of experience in QA field and previous experience managing QA efforts in an agile environment, preferably across teams
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of test methods, automation and best QA practices
- Excellent knowledge of tools & frameworks for complex SW testing and development of automated tests. Cloud testing is a plus
- Enjoying working in a fast paced agile environment
- Strong written and verbal English skills
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.