Support Process Manager
We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Support Process Manager!
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to implement and manage the E2E support process inside the PnE (Product and Development) organization, being the process authority while coaching team members. You’ll also ensure that all PnE members know and live the Support Process, actively contributing to it with best practices and knowledge sharing, coaching teams as needed in their day to day work. Orchestrating the process with the different stakeholders, gaining their buy-in and making it a live process.
The work you’ll do:
- Making sure all different variants of the processes are taken into account, documented and enabled to the different teams.
- Contributing and documenting processes related to Product Support as it evolves.
- Bringing feedback from the different PnE teams and Support Organisation (or other stakeholders like InfoSec, Go to Market…) back to the PnE Operations team, so that the necessary improvements can be designed and implemented. Actively contributing within the PnE Process team in the design of effective Support Practices and Processes that help PnE scale.
- Following and tracking the relevant support metrics (SLA’s, Backlog…), OLAs and Goals, helping teams achieve their goals and alerting the teams of any deviation.
- Highlighting process flaws, organizing and running improvement projects, and a continuous improvement flow.
The qualifications you need:
- Previous support process management experience (ITIL certification or similar preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and IT Service Delivery
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience in working with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of ISO standards is a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- A degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering) or a comparable education
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer
- Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide. Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.