The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
At Celonis, we believe that every company can unlock their full execution capacity - and for that we need you as a Tax Manager.
We are seeking a Tax Manager, reporting to a Tax Director, to prepare the global tax provision and assist in the management of our global income tax compliance. The preparation of the global tax provision will include developing and implementing global tax accounting workpapers and processes in order to efficiently prepare the interim and annual global tax provision. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and project management skills, the ability to work well with various business partners and functions and be highly organized with the ability to pay close attention to detail. This role will also assist with global income tax compliance including designing and implementing tax efficient workpapers, managing third party service providers, and ensuring we are filing in all relevant jurisdictions.
- …will prepare the quarterly and annual tax provision under ASC 740, including: current and deferred tax provision calculations, tax account roll-forwards and reconciliations, accounting for stock-based compensation, uncertain tax positions, tax footnotes and disclosures, return to provision calculations, documentation of tax accounting issues and positions, and maintaining SOX compliance
- …prepare technical tax research and compliance memos and clearly communicate technical concepts to various users
- …develop, implement, and maintain tax accounting controls and SOX 404 documentation
- Support process improvement initiatives to increase overall efficiency of the tax accounting process
- …research various income tax accounting matters and determine impact of new accounting standards and tax legislation on the tax provision calculation
- …provide support for mergers and acquisitions, audit settlements, and other unique transactions
- …support tax audits and transfer pricing, as necessary.
- …assist with the day-to-day tax operations and the compliance obligations of our growing business
- …partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal, and external advisers on various business initiatives and tax planning
- 6 yrs+ general tax experience with significant experience with the preparation of a global tax provision and exposure to US federal and state tax return preparation.
- CPA License and/or Masters in Taxation
- Strong understanding of ASC 740, federal, state and local tax issues
- Familiar with transfer pricing and international tax concepts
- Detail oriented with ability to be flexible, learn new things, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Sound judgment and ability to provide recommendations regarding policy and strategy
- ... see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- … offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- ... are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- … are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- ... distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.