The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
At Celonis, we believe that every company can unlock their full execution capacity - and for that we need you as a Corporate Accounting Manager. This is an exciting time at Celonis and this role will be a key hire within our Controllership organization.
- Develop and maintain the financial reporting function including the creation of 10-Qs, 10-Ks (and associated XBRL requirements) to ensure that the financial statements adhere to GAAP and SEC regulations and requirements
- Provide support to business partners, including Legal, Communications, and Investor Relations in the preparation of other filings, including the proxy statement, earnings release, 8-Ks, and other SEC filings
- Prepare and coordinate all internal financial reporting, quarterly and annual reports, including the information gathering process, and other required SEC filings
- Lead the design and buildout of the SEC reporting structure, including implementation and management of external reporting software solution
- Responsible for the compilation of financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, and all other components of SEC filings, once public
- Assist in the preparation of US GAAP cash flow statement
- Coordination of other filings, including statutory financial statements
- Keep up to date on statutory compliance requirements and statutory reporting thresholds
- Preparation of technical accounting memos and other documentation necessary to support the Company’s accounting conclusions and treatment over significant revenue, lease, equity, and other technical accounting matters/transactions.
- Liaise with key members of Sales, Operations, and Legal to collaborate on accounting treatment of non-standard revenue transactions
- Monitor communications from regulatory bodies, accounting firms, and other external sources to remain apprised of new accounting practices and regulations, frequent areas of SEC staff comment, and interpretive accounting and disclosure guidance and provide guidance to the Company regarding potential impact
- Keep up to date on industry trends related to financial reporting and technical accounting including review of industry leader’s filings and disclosures for best practices
- See people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- Offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- .Are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- Are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- Distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive accounting experience in a technical accounting and financial reporting role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Must have experience working with SEC clients (if coming from public accounting) or at an SEC Registered Company (if coming from private)
- Financial reporting experience in the SaaS industry is a plus
- Must have a strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Experience with ASC 606, preferably in the software industry is a plus
- Experience with Workiva/wDesk or similar XBRL software is a plus
- Must have shown the ability to perform independent accounting research and the subsequent framing and documentation of accounting issues along with the related conclusions
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and to handle competing priorities effectively
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.