Senior Director of Field Marketing
Are you ready for a new challenge?
We are seeking a Senior Director or VP of Field Marketing (dependent on experience). Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, Lufthansa and Vodafone rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
- Responsible for achieving the Demand Generation goals for assigned number of regions and thus significantly contribute to the expansion and evolution of these key markets for Celonis, in support of their continued hyper-growth trajectory.
- One of the key objectives will be to move the dial in terms of mindset and execution of marketing activity to a strategic, enterprise focus, using Account Based Marketing to drive deeper penetration of mindshare and market share within key accounts, as well as to build a cohesive alignment to the broader sales and GTM organization.
- As a key member of the global marketing management team you will have the opportunity to build a high-performance, data-driven team
- In line with global hyper-growth, be accountable for architecting an end-to-end, integrated marketing plan for the regions in partnership with the regional sales VPs, partner management and business development leaders with a view to driving and accelerating pipeline, execution of local marketing campaigns and field events
- Accountability for the full marketing mix in North America including Demand Generation, Field Marketing, Partner Marketing, Digital Marketing, ABM, Social Media, Content Marketing, Marketing Operations, PR, and Events
- Complement all field actions with local resources e.g. groups, partners, media outlets who can further drive engagement with targeted industry audience groups e.g. Procurement, Operations, Accounts Payable, Finance, HR etc
- Collaborate closely on a daily basis with the sales and global marketing teams to plan, create and execute the regional marketing strategy to support business growth and meet pipeline demands
- Ensure that all messaging is complemented with the right content to attract the right audiences, therefore a highly sophisticated command of language and thinking is critical in order to drive precise positioning
- Work together with the corporate and local marketing teams, you will be accountable for positioning a consistent brand voice through messaging and out-of-the-box initiatives - localising, adapting and executing corporate campaigns for the regional markets.
- Drive consistency and excellence in operational process around attracting and nurturing leads thru the digital team.. Align on ‘user-problem’ centric messaging to drive conversations. It is therefore important to coach BDRs to think conceptually along these lines to drive interest
- Drive regional customer marketing with the view to establishing a portfolio of referenceable customers to the sales effort, therefore of importance is the ability to talk to and leverage key customers
- Build out a vibrant community with regional customers, users, partners and celonis experts, becoming a voice in the regional market and contributing to an increasing brand awareness.
- Align and execute on the regional PR and Social Media Strategy and execution, in partnership with the regional corporate communication and media teams.
- Manage and support corporate events and activities, such as user group and partner events, and empower regional sales team to accelerate deals and establish new opportunities
- Currently or previously held a head of marketing role for the US or North America, within a tier-1 software business, demonstrating in depth knowledge of regional specific market dynamics, opportunities, cultural and language factors that are important to tune the messaging and marketing mix for maximum outcomes
- Successful execution and implementation of a regional / international marketing strategy with tangible and measured successful outcomes that support growth and transformation, aligned to sales and optimized to target markets and personas
- Marketed to the Enterprise direct as well as with and through Partners including VARs, Systems Integrators, ISVs, Solution Partners and other strategic alliances
- Experience in moving the dial from a product focused approach to building pipeline to a targeted, strategic enterprise focus, leveraging a best-of-breed Account Based Marketing Program
- Leveraged the full marketing mix with the outcome of generating high-quality leads VS low-quality volume and in doing so, create a cohesive, dynamic relationship with the sales organization built on ROI-based modern marketing
- Supported or led business development teams to achieve targets aligned to sales outcomes
- Developed world class digital, social and content marketing strategies that have increased visibility, pipeline and revenues amongst prospects, customers, partners
- Built, scaled and led accountable, cohesive teams, aligned to tangible business outcomes
- An effective mentor and leader of people while nurturing a high-performance culture in line with a ‘growth mindset’
- A strategic business partner, and influencer by sales leadership – a marketing leader who has demonstrably driven consistent achievement by adoption and roll out of best-of-breed marketing practices
- Successfully operated in fast-paced, SaaS solutions software businesses that have experienced high YoY double-digit growth
- A track record of working within a matrixed environment that has required building productive relationships with peers and stakeholders across multiple business functions is important
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.