Celo is seeking to hire a leader to focus on Business Development within the Ecosystem Growth team. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to growing and accelerating the Celo Ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have experience with strategic negotiations and analysis, along with a highly-attuned product sense. As a business development leader, you will be responsible for guiding partnership strategies, defining the right rules of engagement, and helping scale the value proposition of Celo via the right set of partners. You will work closely with product, engineering, product marketing, and legal, among others, to deliver results.
You will be responsible for staying up to date with new developments in the industry and looked upon as a subject matter internally, while also representing Celo externally at relevant industry events. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, setting strategic vision, building commercial relationships, and solving complicated problems with limited oversight.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and close key deals that help grow the footprint of the Celo Ecosystem including – exchanges, web infrastructure and Crypto BD.
- Analyze markets and synthesize recommendations into actionable partnerships plans
- Maintain expert knowledge of the platform and products in order to provide knowledgeable support to top clients and potential partners both externally and internally.
- Recognize new industry trends and use this data to inform and guide our Ecosystem Growth strategy.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Go-to-Market Partnerships, Product Marketing) to identify and implement growth opportunities that will accelerate and strengthen ecosystem.
- Be agile and execute across a quickly evolving range of partnerships
- Represent Celo in meetings with executives from our partner companies and various external events, and conferences
- 8+ years in partnerships, business development, or similar roles at a high-growth technology company
- Experience closing strategic business development deals
- Experience analyzing data and deriving actionable business insights
- Experience learning quickly about new technologies and distill information into actionable insights for internal stakeholders
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously
- Proven track record doing deals, including with the legal aspects of negotiations
- You are driven and results-oriented, but humble and self-aware.
- You are passionate about crypto and know what’s happening in the space. You have a solid crypto professional network (protocols, liquidity providers etc.).
- BS or BA