At the Celo Foundation, we support various partners across the Celo Ecosystem including cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, whose mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launched on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
In this role you will oversee business operations across the Ecosystems pillar at Celo (Including Crypto, DeFi, Web 3 Infra, NFTs, and more). You will help shape Celo’s strategy across its ecosystem, taking into account our users’ needs, competitive dynamics, emerging technology and Celo’s near and long-term business objectives. You will partner with ecosystem, dev rel, and marketing leaders leaders to develop, test and implement recommendations across the organization. Successful candidates for this position will be highly logical thinkers, and curious learners, with broad experience using Defi, engaging in crypto-native communities, and following emerging crypto trends.
- Structure complex and ambiguous strategic problems for Celo’s leadership team
- Develop a deep understanding of our peer and competitor positioning as well as the emerging crypto landscape to inform your recommendations
- Define clear hypotheses to identify new opportunities, and build business cases and quantitative models that will inform and influence Ecosystems strategy
- Partner with Ecosystem, Dev Rel and Marketing leadership, using data and insight to define changes, design experiments, and implement those changes across our products
- Contribute to improving our capabilities by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4-8+ years of experience in a business-strategy role (Management consulting, Hedge Fund, Banking, Operations at a start-up, etc.)
- Strong understanding of blockchain, protocols, Defi, NFTs, DAOs, and other crypto-native technologies and communities
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for solving complex problems, and building scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
Nice to Have Skills/Abilities:
- A https://atomic.blue/degenscore over 200
- Additional experience working at a high growth startup or a Crypto-focused company
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.