We are seeking a Clinical Laboratory Technologist to join our growing team in Brooklyn, NY.
Reporting to the Manager of Assay Development, you will be responsible for performing complex clinical laboratory tests on specimens for diagnostic purposes under minimal supervision. Efficient and motivated, you should be a conceptual thinker that has experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Perform laboratory tests and procedures according to SOPs while exercising independent judgment and technical skills under minimal supervision.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Perform preventative maintenance at workstation as required.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Maintain sufficient working supplies.
- Handle varying workloads while maintaining accuracy.
- Maintain up-to-date logs to ensure that all specimens have been processed.
- Complete required training, attend laboratory meetings and undergo monthly monitoring by the laboratory supervisor.
- Bachelor's in Clinical Laboratory Technology from a program registered on the NYS DOE or a Bachelor's in biology with one year of clinical laboratory experience.
- A full NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License or a NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License restricted to molecular diagnostics.
- MT(ASCP) certified or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of professional experience at the bench.
- Experience in the field and qualified to perform high complexity testing.
- Strong pipetting skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a dynamic environment.
Named one of Crain's "Biotechs to Watch," Celmatix is changing the face of women’s health through the development of digital tools and genetic insights focused on fertility potential. Our unique approach combines data science and genomics to bring personalized medicine to fertility. Our leadership team includes a diverse group of world-class scientists and professionals including a founder recently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of 15 Entrepreneurs Disrupting their Industries, Inc Magazine’s 10 Women to Watch in Tech, and named an Aspen Institute’s Health Innovator Fellow, and a NYC Venture Fellow by the NYCEDC.
Celmatix is looking to add talented and accomplished individuals to its fast-growing team. We offer a full range of benefits including excellent medical insurance, pre-tax FSA and transit benefits, and a 401k retirement plan.
Celmatix Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. All are invited to apply.